Sign in to follow this  

Tire pressure

I have a 2000 CRF 250...

What is the correct tire pressure i should be running. I'm going to be riding in mostly dirt this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

try the search feature, IMO anywhere for 18-20 front and back, dont go under 10 or youll increase chances of getting a flat dont go over 25 otherwise youll plow thru sand instead of on top of it

try the search feature, IMO anywhere for 18-20 front and back, dont go under 10 or youll increase chances of getting a flat dont go over 25 otherwise youll plow thru sand instead of on top of it

&%$#@!? 18-20?

You want anywhere between 12-14 front and rear. It really does depend on where you're riding. (rocks, sand, mud)

What do you mean by "mostly dirt?"

I use 13 front & 15 rear works for me. You need to play around with different pressure for your preference. Also it depends what tires you have so you are not going to get proper advise with your question.

WOW, that is a lot of pressure...think he got confused and was talking about his mountain bike

I ride in mud a lot of the time in NY so i run my pressure a bit lower....9 in front and back

Mexico..

i'll be riding in Baja this weekend.. Mexico is mostly dirt... not many roads, not much sand.

Okay.. okay... okay

If i don't own a crf 250... then its a cr250. Or is that wrong... might it be a cr250r? I don't know man. I'm not really a big dirt bike rider. I grew up on ATC's. It had been years since i rode any ATV. Then i went out one day... rode a rm125... liked it and picked up a 2000 Honda CR250R. It's a lot more bike on the low end... but the top end isn't dialed in right. Maybe it's becasue i'm 250... I don't know. It has a full FMF Pipe, V Force Reed Valves. The kid i bought it from never mentioned if the carb was worked on. Like i said.. the bottom end is sick.. but top end isn't what i expected it to be. Then again i also have a CBR1000RR and i've done 170 several times.. maybe i am just aclimated to the speed.

Anyway... The bike seems to mush around a little bit too much for me... but again..this might have nothing to do with tire pressure and more to do with me not being a really good dirt bike rider. In any event... the tire make is Dunlop Sport RS D739G.

Oh yeah.. i bought a Honda TRX 450 to take to mexico too. I'll see what the 4 stroke can do.

you may just be used to that street bike feel. when i feel like there's something that doesn't feel right i get a friend or someone more experienced to ride my bike and give me thier opinion. i've been riding a while and theres alot of things i just can't feel on my bike to know if its right or not. suspension is my biggest problem. i can't tell if its even close to being dialed in. i have a friend of mine who is right around the same weight ride my bike. he usually comes back right away and tells me whats wrong, i just don't have the feel for it. i'm getting better though, i learn a little each time out.

I guess i'l get a good idea of which bike does what... I'll be riding them both in Mexico this weekend.

The good thing is.. no matter how badly i get beat.. They're both my bikes.... it's all good.