Help

Ok ive got a problem. Im a 14 yo trail rider 168cm and 50kg im looking for a new bike because i have far outgrown my pw80 ive got two choices yz125 or ttr125 thanx :banghead:

holy crap, youve been riding a pw80 and you're 14. Thats crazy

I would say since you are coming from such a tiny bike, a ttr125 would be a good choice, or perhaps even an 85 of some sort. A 125 might be too big of a jump but it depends on how fast you want to ride. 2 strokes are pretty much only good to be ridden at full speed, especially motocross 2 strokes such as a yz. Now you could still get it and have a blast in the woods, fields, tracks or wherever you ride. However a ttr125 is a fart around bike. You can also have a blast everywhere else on it, but power and suspension would be your limit on that. Just go ride an 85, 125, and a ttr125 and see how you like them!

I'd be leaning towards a yz 125 if I were you. I'm 5' 7'' and my next bike will be a yz 125.. Going from ttr 125 to a yz 125...I think you would get bored of a ttr 125 quickly.A yz 85 would also fit you.. Just not for long is the thing.

What kind of riding do you plan on doing? What type of terrain?

If you are going to be trail riding and stuff, the TTR125 would be perfect. but if you're going to be riding tracks & wide open spaces, I'd opt for the YZ125.

id get a yz85 or something like that if i were you

i plan on riding 1km long gravel firebreaks and open grassed areas

:banghead: i have a 55 acre property :banghead:

Hey there! if it helps... I am 5'1 (109 pounds) and ride a TTR125. It is great for trails and I have even taken it on the MX track. But I am also 34 and not looking to kill myself! The only thing I've had problems with are the stock bars SUCK! I bent them when I hit.. something!? BUT if I had a choice I would get the yz85 and KEEP the 125... depending on my mood!!!

Ok ive got a problem. Im a 14 yo trail rider 168cm and 50kg im looking for a new bike because i have far outgrown my pw80 ive got two choices yz125 or ttr125 thanx :banghead:

TTR125: you will outgrow it in 3 months and you are already tall enough for a bigger bike.

YZ125: A full blooded racing bike, I can't recommend it to you after a PW80.

YZ85: Lots of power, but the powerband is not the most ideal one. You will also soon feel cramped on it.

I would buy a CRF150 or CRF230/TTR230, ride it a couple years and then go for a YZ/WR250F.

JMO. Done my mistakes and seen others' too many times.

TTR125: you will outgrow it in 3 months and you are already tall enough for a bigger bike.

YZ125: A full blooded racing bike, I can't recommend it to you after a PW80.

YZ85: Lots of power, but the powerband is not the most ideal one. You will also soon feel cramped on it.

I would buy a CRF150 or CRF230/TTR230, ride it a couple years and then go for a YZ/WR250F.

JMO. Done my mistakes and seen others' too many times.

good call... :banghead: