Sign in to follow this  

where's dwight?

Following all the hoopla with the 2T vs 4T on this sub forum, I have noticed that dwight has been quiet. Dwight has great credentials to give advise, because he knows what he is talking about, and he does what he talks about, he is a rider, not a wannabe (although formerly a husabergwannabe :banghead: ). I have been amazed at the noobie's that have attacked Dwight and his opinions. I am a former racer in the AA (national A) class with 30+ yrs riding experience, I don't always agree with Dwight's opinions / advise, but I respect him and believe that what he has to say is valid. I hope that Dwight makes his presence known again on this forum, also hope that noobs backoff on the insults (sorry dudes, but calling the moderator hitler for deleting 2T's rule posts on a 4T forum is inappropriate). I also know that I am part to blame as much as anyone, suggesting certain 2T models as best bike, I will refrain from that.

From my reply in this thread:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300482

We are ThumperTalk, and our focus is thumpers. However, we've never turned away a pinger member or their questions. Do a search... There are plenty of two stroke oriented discussions. And, we plan to roll out a mirrored site for two strokes in near future. So, that's should clear up anything regarding how the admins feel about 2 strokes. I'd have a few pingers in my garage alongside my thumper if the budget allowed.

What is not welcome is people posting flame bait bashing 4-strokes on a dominant 4-stroke board, as it typically leads to nothing but pissing matches and hurt feelings. That's like bashing chevy as a ford owner on a chevy site. What does anyone that starts a post like that expect?

Bottom-line, if the intent of the post is to start a 2s vs. 4s or vis versa pissing match, it will be deleted. If you want to discuss the differences in the bikes, their pros/cons and how they perform, go for it. This is and has always been the case.

So anyone that is still bitching, pissing and moaning about this isn't interested in talking about bikes and how to ride them, but more interested in trying to continue a pissing match that doesn't exist.

Where's Dwight? Probably taking a break from the non-sense. I'm sure he'll be back when the smoke clears and people are ready to get back on-topic with the discussion. :banghead:

We are ThumperTalk, and our focus is thumpers. However, we've never turned away a pinger member or their questions. Do a search... There are plenty of two stroke oriented discussions. And, we plan to roll out a mirrored site for two strokes in near future. So, that's should clear up anything regarding how the admins feel about 2 strokes. I'd have a few pingers in my garage alongside my thumper if the budget allowed.

What is not welcome is people posting flame bait bashing 4-strokes on a dominant 4-stroke board, as it typically leads to nothing but pissing matches and hurt feelings. That's like bashing chevy as a ford owner on a chevy site. What does anyone that starts a post like that expect?

Bottom-line, if the intent of the post is to start a 2s vs. 4s or vis versa pissing match, it will be deleted. If you want to discuss the differences in the bikes, their pros/cons and how they perform, go for it. This is and has always been the case.

So anyone that is still bitching, pissing and moaning about this isn't interested in talking about bikes and how to ride them, but more interested in trying to continue a pissing match that doesn't exist.

Where's Dwight? Probably taking a break from the non-sense. I'm sure he'll be back when the smoke clears and people are ready to get back on-topic with the discussion. :banghead:

:lol::busted::busted::lol::lol::banghead:

I've always liked TT because it wasn't like a bunch of spoiled little kids whining and crying. Keep up the good work.

I have noticed that dwight has been quiet.

dwight frequently disappears for a couple days at a time, here and on ktmtalk. i suspect he may actually have some kind of life, or ride his motorcycle or something.

i wouldn't worry about him getting his feelers hurt and running away. he's a grownup.

dwight frequently disappears for a couple days at a time, here and on ktmtalk. i suspect he may actually have some kind of life, or ride his motorcycle or something.

i wouldn't worry about him getting his feelers hurt and running away. he's a grownup.

Agreed, he can't perform this task without thick skin. I was somewhat directing my post to the folks that seem to vent anger via the forum. I remember Dwight from the UHE, he is very passionate about everything he does, and I like that, unfortunately that often makes you a target.

I remember Dwight from the UHE, he is very passionate about everything he does, and I like that, unfortunately that often makes you a target.

i think it's more his arrogant certainty that he is absolutely 100% right at all times even when there are other equally qualified people that hold different opinions that makes him a target. he has a tremendous amount of knowledge, but sometimes you have to sift through some pomposity to get to it.

I hope Dwight hasn't abandoned. I have a smoker now, and his advise which has been extremely helpful to me is one of the reasons I continue visiting TT. All of his suggestions have worked for me.

he is very passionate about everything he does, and I like that, unfortunately that often makes you a target.

Very true,

Could I perhaps get a job on the new two-stroke site when it is made? I love two-strokes and will ride them for probably the rest of my life. Maybe I could be a mod for one of the smaller forums....I just want to contribute in some way.

Could I perhaps get a job on the new two-stroke site when it is made? I love two-strokes and will ride them for probably the rest of my life. Maybe I could be a mod for one of the smaller forums....I just want to contribute in some way.

PM me when the site is up... I guarantee I'll forget this by the time that happens. :banghead:

PM me when the site is up... I guarantee I'll forget this by the time that happens. :banghead:

Alright, will you make a post on TT that the site is up I guess? Any ideas on the name of that site yet?

At the end of one of the pissing matches Dwight was involved in, he said he was going to some special ride for a few days and taking his 2 stroke with him. Does he have a Bultaco?

Dave

You know some of us don't make enough working here to pay the bills. My big pay check is why I am here. ( NOT !) .

Look, I work for a living and frequently have to travel for several days. Please forgive me. I also agree that to some extent that I am opinionated. I tend to get hard headed when folks try to give bad advice. Also Please forgive me. Now. I like 2 strokes fine. I have a garage full of 2 strokes about 50 vintage Hodaka, Penton, Husqvarna, Ossa, MZ, Hercules, Puch and Zündapp. I closed that thread because it was old and it was going no where and degrading into a 2 stroke is better thread. I felt that everything that needed to be said had been said. Otherwise I would have deleted the tread instead of locking it. I will try tolarant of some comparisons of 4 and 2 strokes. But 2 strokes are better threads or replys are not acceptable. I don't bash 2 strokes. I wouldn't even mind it the offroad forum was crossed between the 2 stroke forums and 4 stroke forums as long as no one got into bashing bikes. Now there has been some severe name calling and insults thrown my way lately. Some have been banned because of they were just looking for trouble. Let us get on with talking Off Road and get away from stiring up trouble. Let's all try to do a better job off staying on subject and I will try to be tolarant.

I also would like to thank those who defended my honour while I was gone and sent me emails of support.

But let's put this behind us.

PAX,

Dwight

You know some of us don't make enough working here to pay the bills. My big pay check is why I am here. ( NOT !) .

Look, I work for a living and frequently have to travel for several days. Please forgive me. I also agree that to some extent that I am opinionated. I tend to get hard headed when folks try to give bad advice. Also Please forgive me. Now. I like 2 strokes fine. I have a garage full of 2 strokes about 50 vintage Hodaka, Penton, Husqvarna, Ossa, MZ, Hercules, Puch and Zündapp. I closed that thread because it was old and it was going no where and degrading into a 2 stroke is better thread. I felt that everything that needed to be said had been said. Otherwise I would have deleted the tread instead of locking it. I will try tolarant of some comparisons of 4 and 2 strokes. But 2 strokes are better threads or replys are not acceptable. I don't bash 2 strokes. I wouldn't even mind it the offroad forum was crossed between the 2 stroke forums and 4 stroke forums as long as no one got into bashing bikes. Now there has been some severe name calling and insults thrown my way lately. Some have been banned because of they were just looking for trouble. Let us get on with talking Off Road and get away from stiring up trouble. Let's all try to do a better job off staying on subject and I will try to be tolarant.

I also would like to thank those who defended my honour while I was gone and sent me emails of support.

But let's put this behind us.

PAX,

Dwight

:banghead::banghead: