Dirtbikes or Dear Abby?

Okay....I am sure this is going to sound insensitive. I love dirtbikes and dirtbike releated stuff. That is why I am hear. I click onto the Thumpette forum and there is a lot of great stuff, but the dear Abby stuff is really annoying. :banghead: Man, when did I turn into an insensitive bitch? I know it has been discussed before about what is off topic and what belongs here. So, I guess there is no need to beat a dead horse. I think I just needed to vent. :banghead: Okay, much better.

are you going to talk about dirtbikes? or just whine for some sympathy? :banghead:

sorry, couldn't resist the irony. :banghead:

i like some of the dear abby stuff. it's good for a laugh.

Aww.... your so funny.

But I agree.. I don't understand why every one keeps posting this stuff in here, instead of TS?

It doesnt make any sense....

I think the thumpette forum, is here for a couple of reasons.

1.) So we can share our frustrations and excitment with Riding our bikes!

2.) Learn about Techniques other ladies have used in riding

3.) I think ladies riding apparel....(chest protector, pants) Because they are made mainly for men.

4.) Discuss how fun it is to ride and beat the guys!!!! :banghead:

4.) Discuss how fun it is to ride and beat the guys!!!! :banghead:

yep, i could use a good beating right about now. :lol:

:banghead:

I totally agree with you MXChic! I'm tired of seeing all of the "advise" crap in the Thumpette forum. That's what Town Square is for. Message for all males that like to post stupid "I need advice" threads in the Thumpette forum...STOP, IT'S TOTALLY LAME!!!!! :banghead:

are you going to talk about dirtbikes? or just whine for some sympathy? :banghead:

sorry, couldn't resist the irony. :lol:

i like some of the dear abby stuff. it's good for a laugh.

:banghead::lol::busted::busted: I can't help it. I am just an emotional woman. :lol:

yep, i could use a good beating right about now. :banghead:

:banghead:

You'r dirty!

and ruining our bitch session... DAMN GUYS :lol::lol::busted::busted::lol::busted:

I got it!

We need a Feelings Forum!!!!?????!!!

LOL.... :banghead:

:banghead::lol::busted::busted: I can't help it. I am just an emotional woman. :banghead:

:lol::busted:

as long as we're on the subject tho, i'm curious why a women's forum is even necessary. why isn't it considered sexist and patronizing? do chicks really need special 'protection' or something? are chick's dirtbiking needs really that special?

i hope no one gets all offended at this. i don't really care all that much, but i am idly curious. it seems weird to me. i would think that chicks would either be equal or not be equal, but not this weird mix.

of course every girl i have ever dated is pretty schizo about the whole equality thing too, and wants to be treated like a man in all ways except having to do outside chores, pay for dates, work on bikes, etc... :lol:

should i duck? :busted:

I got it!

We need a Feelings Forum!!!!?????!!!

LOL.... :banghead:

haha, that is funny. we need to hook that up, for all of the guys who just cant seem to figure out the elusive female or just for anyone that needs a shoulder to cry on haha :banghead::lol:

:lol::busted:

as long as we're on the subject tho, i'm curious why a women's forum is even necessary.

Because it gives women a place to 'find' each other, I think, and discuss women-related issues in one place... more of a convenience than anything, and it might draw more reserved women into the sport if they can read about other women having such a good time with it! :banghead:

should i duck? :lol:

:banghead: Never a bad idea! :lol:

of course every girl i have ever dated is pretty schizo about the whole equality thing too, and wants to be treated like a man in all ways except having to do outside chores, pay for dates, work on bikes, etc... :banghead:

should i duck? :banghead:

Duck AND Cover, Indeed. :lol:

Okay....I am sure this is going to sound insensitive. I love dirtbikes and dirtbike releated stuff. That is why I am hear. I click onto the Thumpette forum and there is a lot of great stuff, but the dear Abby stuff is really annoying. :lol: Man, when did I turn into an insensitive bitch? I know it has been discussed before about what is off topic and what belongs here. So, I guess there is no need to beat a dead horse. I think I just needed to vent. :banghead: Okay, much better.

Every time I see one, I think about 'bumping' it, but sometimes they DO get a rather large response from the thumpettes themselves... I figure, the forum is what the women make it, and if enough want to respond I don't feel I need to 'over-mod' the forum by bumping everything unrelated to dirt bikes, unless they are offensive is some way... the forum isn't that big, its like the religion threads in TS... don't click on 'em if you don't want to read 'em! :banghead:

of course every girl i have ever dated is pretty schizo about the whole equality thing too, and wants to be treated like a man in all ways except having to do outside chores, pay for dates, work on bikes, etc... :banghead:

Are you sure they aren't the transexuals you were referring to in the TS forum? :banghead:

I think the Dear Abby posts are retarded and a lame attempt to pick up on women in this forum. If a guy has a legit question about bikes, gear, etc. for his wife or SO, post it. Othewise, the mods should move this crap to TS.

Because it gives women a place to 'find' each other.
This is interesting. Maybe some guys think this forum is for people to find women, not only women themselves. If that make sense. :banghead:
and it might draw more reserved women into the sport if they can read about other women having such a good time with it!

so it's like an affirmative-action program?

should there be special forums for other under-represented groups? blacks? gays? bestiality enthusiasts? :banghead:

lol, i'm just playing devil's advocate here. :banghead: one of the things i like about the thumpette forum is people (guys too) are generally nicer and have less of an axe to grind about stuff. maybe there needs to be a password-protected chicks affirmative action forum and then just rename this one to 'relationships' or 'feelings' tho. :lol:

btw, i'm ok about the whole schizo thing on equality. i just get a good laugh out of it sometimes.

This is interesting. Maybe some guys think this forum is for people to find women, not only women themselves. If that make sense. :banghead:

Perhaps... but we're pretty quick to pick up on that, if they are obvious about it. :lol: And if its subtle enough, its easy enough to ignore. :banghead:

:banghead::lol:

as long as we're on the subject tho, i'm curious why a women's forum is even necessary. why isn't it considered sexist and patronizing? do chicks really need special 'protection' or something? are chick's dirtbiking needs really that special?

Unfortunately, Yes we do need more speciallized gear. See we have curves, a shorter torso, smaller frames, hips, smaller feet...blah blah blah...and BOOBS! See now most people <clearing throat> men say, "Well kids gear is smaller" twak.gif ...Ahhh...der...yeah we know...have you seen the quality, or lack of on those pieces? Not made to last...you know...like...kids grow and stuff and they will be getting a new item soon anyway so why make it uber special.

for example: kidney belt (for me) ends up being a corset...slides up and protects my rib cage...wait...isn't that what armor or a roost is for? hmm :banghead:

should i duck? :lol:

Nah, we normally make a primative sound before we huck a shoe! kbasa.giflol8.gif

www.mxgirls.com... there is a forum on the site and it's ALL WOMEN :banghead:)
should there be special forums for other under-represented groups? blacks? gays? bestiality enthusiasts? :lol:

Feel free to post those GREAT idea in the 'Suggestion' forum! :banghead::busted:

lol, i'm just playing devil's advocate here. :lol:

Who, YOU? I'm shocked! :banghead:

one of the things i like about the thumpette forum is people (guys too) are generally nicer and have less of an axe to grind about stuff. maybe there needs to be a password-protected chicks affirmative action forum and then just rename this one to 'relationships' or 'feelings' tho. :busted:

I could always sticky an 'advice' thread... limit the advice requests to one thread or get booted to TS, and get harrassed by your male peers! :busted:

btw, i'm ok about the whole schizo thing on equality. i just get a good laugh out of it sometimes.

You know what? Me, too. :lol: I see the paradoxes & ironies involved and they used to bug me... now that I'm older, I'm just amused. :busted: