Arrrrrrrrrr......i just pinched 3 tubes in a row!!

Man, I am trying to put a new rear tire on and I pinched 3 tubes in a row!!!!!!!! Not my day today. I have pinched a tube or two in the past, but I never have this problem. Just not my day today. I had to walk away and come inside. Frustrating to say the least.

Yeah, i always coat it with baby powder, but I never add air. I will now. I have never had problems before. It really didn't cost anything but time. A pinched tube can be patched. If you don't patch a little tear like that, you are throwing money away.

Tube changes made easy.

1. always add enough air to keep the tube from folding over on itself inside the tire

2. Never (NEVER) take the tire changing rods bast the 90 degree point

You make sure the bead is in the the trough of the rim (use knee if have

to) take tool to 90 degree point and push bead down into rim. Work your

way around the rim.

I have recently started using wd40 instead of a soapy solution for lubricant as I have been shown that the wd40 dries up tacky and provides additional stickiness for holding the tire in place on the rim.

Before it spoon on the second bead, I add a little air to the tube... just enough to keep it from getting pinched under my spoons. I haven't pinched a tube since I started doing this. :banghead:

I do this and press my fingers against the tube moving it away from rim where the tire iron will be placed. the final bite with iron I make sure i feel the tube move away from the rim.

Precisely. Thats is exactly why I dont even waste my time with them.
My opinion too. Just pay the man!

Be careful about saying that too loud though, 'cuz there's a whole slew of manly-men here on TT who;ll tell you you're a nancy-boy if you don't change your own tires, even though you don't ride a DRZ or wear spandex.

I work at a motorcycle shop that has a snap-on tire changing station (@$6000.00) and sometimes I still run into some tires that just DO NOT want to be mounted. WD-40, Tri-flo, Dawn and water, air, no air, baby powder, doesn't matter. Some tires and tubes just hate you and there's nothing you can do accept it and move on.