06 WR450 Fork Oil help

I recently bought an 06 WR450. WHile I primarily ride technical single track and do hare scrambles, I have also been know to turn a hot lap or two on an MX track. I will double when I feel adventurous but I shy away from triples :banghead: At 200 lbs, I feel the stock suspension is not too bad. I have my sag set correctly and I have the front clickers dialed in pretty close to where I think they need to be.

The question is, if I would like to firm up the front a little bit, will adding 5cc fork oil to each of the forks do the trick? If so, is there an easy way to do it? I have easy access to syriges at my offices, will these work ok or do I need a fancy device for the project?

Incidentally, I spoke with Factory connection and gave them my measurements on my stock bike, and the guy said it was close enough to start with without needing to respring/revalve. Thanks for your help.

Posner

If you have a syringe then it is a simple process of injecting the oil through the air bleed on your fork cap. 1ml will be very close to 1mm of oil height in your forks.

The Duck

Hey Duck-

Wouldn't that put the oil in the upper chamber rather than the body of the fork?You want to add it by undoing the upper chamber(you will need a tool for this, available through Race Tech), and shooting (or pouring) the 5cc down inside the main tube.This is how I have always done it on Hondas, and I believe that the new Yamahas are a copy of TC Showas. Unless, of course, the air bleed screw is in a different location-if I am wrong, then let me know!> :banghead:

Ferg

The air build up occurs in the outer chamber in the TC forks. The bleed circuit does not affect the inner chamber at all. Last years WR450 used open chamber forks as I believe this years does as well. Although I have not seen one as yet.

The Duck

Forgive my ignorance, but I am still confused. Must I take off the caps and use the aforementioned special tool to complete the process or can I simply inject the oil through the air bleed? I presume I just remove the bleed screw and viola' inject the fork oil? Will 5ml in each be too much? Thanks.

Posner