Sign in to follow this  

HUSABURG da "BURG" motoxotica

my friend bought one from this place in Vacaville ,ca The owner is DAn, and the guy is way freakin COOL and knows all about Burgs.....my buddy got the fe550 it weights about 240 & its top speed is like 100mph.....any way I rode it and it is off the hook,,,my next bike is going to be a BURG

The first step is admitting the addiction. The next step is going to Dan to get your fix. Now that the 'berg has got it's hooks into you, you will be a "berg-a-holic" all your life!! I should know, I've had two. BTW, the '06s are sooooo sweet looking, and 'bergs work alot better than they look.

And yes, Dan is cool. He has been a great help to me.

Now that the 'berg has got it's hooks into you, you will be a "berg-a-holic" all your life!!QUOTE]

:banghead:

There is absolutely nothing like a Berg......the linear power is what gets me :banghead:

I received an email from Dan @ motoxotica today, and he has all the items I requested and we are linking up next week to complete my order.

So yes I agree, a good man and company to get Berg parts from !

OH MY GOD.. YOU GUYS I was at Dan's getting parts for my husky Magura cluctch - dont ask dont know but it works now....the up top stuff I guess failed

BUT GUYS AT like 200 pm it was quiet at Dan's and he pulls out that new 2006 FE 550 we're talking about stuff. he has me sit on it. so i sit for a while and we talk and I dont get up.....I think I like this...then I sit on his 05 FE450 and I go oh yeah its ok,,,, But I climb back on that 2006 FE550.............. Uh oh, oh no.....I think I'm in LOVE> 550 TOO much power for single track.. they do have a mount for s radiator fan. I got home and e-mailed him a bunch of questions.

will the factory ship out some springs for my weight? is it a 6 speed? close ratio? he said its a short stroke engine..........OH MY MY I may have found my Garage mate for the Wolf.

I may have found my Garage mate for the Wolf.

Bob, you had better get some raw meat for that wolf to eat, it's gonna need it's strength when the 'berg enters the fray!

Bob, you had better get some raw meat for that wolf to eat, it's gonna need it's strength when the 'berg enters the fray!

That's why I'm getting the FE450e, and Not the 550e, dont want my wolf to wet himself or me for that matter. :banghead:

That's why I'm getting the FE450e, and Not the 550e, dont want my wolf to wet himself or me for that matter. :banghead:

Bob, I'll make things worse for you. Were you aware that Hbg also makes a special limited run version called the Force Edition, it is a essentially a factory race bike w/o the Ti exhaust. It is even available in the all time favorite engine size of 501cc. This bike is the choice of privateer racers in europe, I believe it runs ~$10K.

I read about the force stuff some on the web site. I have a 510. i want a 450 for tigher woods.....But I tell ya on some open trails I love my 510 and would enjoy the FE550e too. but those tighter bermed corners .... 450 HB will do it nice. I'm going to think hard about it this week. I NEED a second bike I know that.

Bigbob, I'll be curious to hear what you decide upon. As you may well know from reading about the bikes, they are two different beasts, even though both have the same lineage, color, classification rules, and general goals. I have noticed quite a difference between my '02 berg and my '04 Husky (Husky looks very clean, but 'berg beafier and easier to work on). I also noted a marked difference in handling and power between the Husky 450 and the Hbg 470.

that 06 Fe45e has a compression ratio of 13:1 while the bigger 550 and 650 burgs are 11.8:1. That 13:1 spooks me some like this 450 motor is a pure race motor set up. It's bore/stroke is radical short stroke 100:57 which is fine and good The husaberg site talks how the 550 is balanced new version of the legednday 501e, but what about that 450e, what is Husbergs intent with that bike? they are a race company, I like quality euro competition bikes, but Husky allwasy drops in that line that their race bikes are good for the weekend rider too. I know the reliabilty and weekend usability of the TE-450......... curious now about that Fe-450e and that 13:1 compression ratio. It's so different then the Fe550e is. why? is that significant, telling in some way?

KTM's are "race ready" but i see 100s of trail riders with em...... Just being cautious about that 13:1 compression ratio Fe450e....

Owners on the UHE claim that the fe450 is a very smooth usable motor. I put a post on there the other day asking for anyone with a 04/05/06 to report breakages, no one has responded yet, except that BMG responded to say that they had seen very few warranty claims. Compare that to 3 yrs ago, or compare to the Japanese forums here on TT. That tells me that Husaberg now has KTM level build quality, yet has the superior power and handling.

ok, I'll go to that husaberg.org site and ask questions too. What site is UHE?

Time for me to ask my questions, make sure I'm aware of stuff. The Valve checking and adjustments sounds straight forward, easy according to the Berg site. Dan says he is researching the spring rates for me.

ok, I'll go to that husaberg.org site and ask questions too. What site is UHE?

UHE (ultimate husaberg enthusiasts)= husaberg.org