YZF/WRF question....

Hi Guys, forgive me if this has been covered a thousand times (I'm sure it probably has). I'm looking for a used bike for my youngest son - 14, 5'11" 120lbs! :banghead::banghead: He's a great rider, but doesn't have much upper body strength yet. Has been riding an xr200 and is more than ready to step up to a real bike. I want him to have a fairly light bike cause we ride a lot of very technical trails and I don't want to see him struggling with a bike that's too heavy for him.

I'm looking for REAL world weights on the WRF/YZF. Probably an 01 or 02 cause we live in red sticker/green sticker land and like to ride year round.

Does anyone here have any info on the weights - both with gas and without?

Thanks much!

Bill

my 03 WR weighs 250 with 3/4 tank of fuel, no lights, and YZF exhaust. The 02 should be a little less since it has no battery and starter. The YZF is real close to 20 lbs lighter than the WR.

Thanks gmoss! :banghead:

Hi Guys, forgive me if this has been covered a thousand times (I'm sure it probably has). I'm looking for a used bike for my youngest son - 14, 5'11" 120lbs! :banghead::banghead: He's a great rider, but doesn't have much upper body strength yet. Has been riding an xr200 and is more than ready to step up to a real bike. I want him to have a fairly light bike cause we ride a lot of very technical trails and I don't want to see him struggling with a bike that's too heavy for him.

I'm looking for REAL world weights on the WRF/YZF. Probably an 01 or 02 cause we live in red sticker/green sticker land and like to ride year round.

Does anyone here have any info on the weights - both with gas and without?

Thanks much!

Bill

We have a large floor digital shipping scale at my work, my "02 weighed in at 244 lbs with about 1/2 tank of fuel.