Sign in to follow this  

Change needle postion?

Hey Burned,

recently re-jetted SM. Runs great, no problems at all but i wan't to get it dialed in. running stock pj(22.5?) will increase to 25 for a better idle. 155 mj, needle postion on 2nd clip (stock washers only) Great pull though the mid-range. Sounds great, no surges, no pop on decel, right to idle when pulling clutch in. Top end seems flat compared to before . When i hit 130km/h it just seems to hang (to rich on mj?). Will changing my needle postion change that at all. changing the needle postion which way effects the carb how?

Or what i'm experiencing is more due to cams, carb, and exhaust restrictions.

thx man

btw, watch hockey? Canucks vs. Avalanche soon... should be a good one (bad bertuzzi :banghead: )

BUBONICON,

I put on the TwinAir filter today, oiled it last night and squeezed as much out as I could - checked with paper towels, and it did not seem to be over oiled. The bike seemed to lose a little power everywhere, with a big hit at wide open throttle in 4th and 5th gears.

I came home and put the K&N back in, and the bike ran great.

Since you have the stock air filter, you bike would probably run much better with the 150 MJ vice 155. Let us know how it turns out.

it sounds rich,when i was rich i lost top end(like you say i just wants to hang there)now you get to time your self at changing a mj :lol: .did you order a 25pj?bye the way did you go riding today it was absolutly beatiful here today.took a rip up knox mtn(turned everyones head ,its pretty loud when you leave it in third til the limiter :busted: )ya a nd i'll be waching too :banghead:

btw- i found bye changing the needle clip to run leaner got my top end back and that only takes 15 min :banghead:

BUBONICON,

I put on the TwinAir filter today, oiled it last night and squeezed as much out as I could - checked with paper towels, and it did not seem to be over oiled. The bike seemed to lose a little power everywhere, with a big hit at wide open throttle in 4th and 5th gears.

I came home and put the K&N back in, and the bike ran great.

Since you have the stock air filter, you bike would probably run much better with the 150 MJ vice 155. Let us know how it turns out.

sorry to here about the filter,when i oiled mine i put the filter in a plastic bag and worked it.don't get me wrong but when i do mine i don't squeeze out oil because i found when that happened it was a case of to much oil and like you say lost power everywhere.i'm happy the k&n worked well for you(i have them in every vehical i own)mabey mine was defective?also remember that mine has a yosh on it that might have somthing to do with it? :banghead:

sorry to here about the filter,when i oiled mine i put the filter in a plastic bag and worked it.don't get me wrong but when i do mine i don't squeeze out oil because i found when that happened it was a case of to much oil and like you say lost power everywhere.i'm happy the k&n worked well for you(i have them in every vehical i own)mabey mine was defective?also remember that mine has a yosh on it that might have somthing to do with it? :thumbsup:

mickeydee,

I'm confused. What do you mean by "worked it" in the plastic bag? But not squeezing the oil out? I had squished the filter all around in the plastic bag, trying to make sure the oil got all over the surface. Then wringed the filter out to sqeeze out all the excess oil.

Since it seems like my filter became over oiled, and you've experienced this before, please help me understand how to do it correctly. I'd still like to use the filter.