Sign in to follow this  

Somebody knocked my fu*%ing bike over...

came back from class and noticed my mirror was facing the wrong way. i didn't think much of it at first but i went back later to take a closer look. my exhaust, plastic, handlebars, and front fender were all scratched up pretty good on the right side of my bike. somebody definately knocked it over and picked it up hoping that i wouldn't notice...probably bumped it while parking or something. i shrugged it off at first because i thought it was only cosmetic, but when i rode it today (first time after realizing what happened), the steering axis was off. i don't know if my handlebars are bent or if something got twisted, but when i am going straight the handlebars point slightly to the right...man i'm pissed off.

i'm going to file an insurance claim and see what happens. sorry for the vent.

man, that sucks ass..... i worry about that when i park at say, wal-mart or some big parking lot like that.....

If you still have the stock bars than I bet it is them that got busted.

The stock bars are crap and you will be happy to replace them anyways.

I wouldnt file a claim as where im from it bites you in the A$$ later on.

Dropped my bike (with myself on it) A couple of times on the pavement (That is what happens when you ride at -10c) while sliding on a patch of ice. and nothing broke, just sraches. Should mention though the stock bars bended after the first get off off-road.

i was parking my bike in front of my apt. for a while but i got a note, someone threatening to burn my bike down and calling me names. they were complaining about the noise. eventhough they went about it the wrong way and didn't just come to me, i started being a little quieter with my bike,being the mature one. a week later they pushed the bike over, what peices of :banghead: . now i park it in a lot. :banghead: them. the bike was totally fine but if they ever really had the balls to burn it down i don't have full coverage. better safe then sorry.

For the cost of the bars...filing a claim will cost you a lot more in the end. Heck....the bars probably won't even reach your deductible.

Stock bars can be had for practically nothing. I gave mine to another TTer here on this board. Better replacement bars in steel or aluminum are readily available for a very low price.

yeah dont file insurance, new bars maybe 50-80 bucks depending on the kind u get, cosmetics gonna happen and if u are that worried get some wet sand paper and work them out. but if u file a claim ur insurance will go up just say 5 bucks a month and over time u get bit in the ass, btw that sucks ******** man. well gl on getting it fixed and have fun

Your bars might not even be bent. Your steering could be out because the forks got twisted. This happens almost everytime my bike goes down. My bike's been down lots and the stock bars are still straight. If the forks are twisted, it's an easy fix. Just loosen the clamps and straighten them.

Be glad you have a dualsport bike. Imagine the damage if you were riding a sportbike.

Granted, they are totally in the wrong, but it is yet another example of why not to have an obnoxiously loud bike.

theres a chopper on my block that is 10 times louder than my bike.

It wasn't me. Seriously that sucks, I had some one at work side swipe my car in the parking lot, no note, nothing what a :banghead: . I feel for you.

thanks for the input guys. belome, if somebody hit it while parking i bet they picked it up. i think that is what happened because there is a new scratch on the left side.

i just got back from suzuki. the bars are definately bent, there may be a problem with the triple clamps, and the brake cylinder took it pretty hard also so they have to look at that.

i know filing a claim sucks, but the biggest problem is that i don't have anywhere to do any real work to my bike. so even if it was just the handlebars i don't have anywhere to do it. plus all the plastic is gooned up on the right side. i know cosmetic damage shouldn't bother me, but the bike is brand new and it does piss me off. i planned on taking the stock plastic off so i could put it back on shinny new if i ever sell the bike.

i'm getting a complete estimate from suzuki tomorrow to see exactly what is damaged and then the insurance guy is coming to have a look.

my bike got hit while in my garage when a cabnet fell off the wall while i was at work, to it got an estimate and had a check for $3,100 dollars and keep the bike. they have to replace anything that has a mark, scuff, dent anything so look over your bike really good, i also got more because the frame had a scratch on it, since it was a none moving accident (i think that is what they called it) the insurance could not be raised, and yours was a non moving accident, i would really look into every scratch on that thing.

mike

thanks for the input guys. belome, if somebody hit it while parking i bet they picked it up. i think that is what happened because there is a new scratch on the left side.

i just got back from suzuki. the bars are definately bent, there may be a problem with the triple clamps, and the brake cylinder took it pretty hard also so they have to look at that.

i know filing a claim sucks, but the biggest problem is that i don't have anywhere to do any real work to my bike. so even if it was just the handlebars i don't have anywhere to do it. plus all the plastic is gooned up on the right side. i know cosmetic damage shouldn't bother me, but the bike is brand new and it does piss me off. i planned on taking the stock plastic off so i could put it back on shinny new if i ever sell the bike.

i'm getting a complete estimate from suzuki tomorrow to see exactly what is damaged and then the insurance guy is coming to have a look.

Dude you are not even being practical. You just need a set of $5 allen wrenches, an 8mm and 10mm wrench or socket and a phillips screwdriver to change the bars and it takes 5 minutes and you can do it in a parking lot. Even if you don't have any tools at all thats like $15 in tools tops.

Of course a dealership is gonna tell you the master has a problem and the triple clamp has a problem. They are going to milk it for all its worth. In reality you probably only have bent bars......

I have had my share of crashes on my DRZs and you are making way more out of it than you need to. This is basic stuff. Ya it sucks but you really should not be making a claim on it. After your deductable how much can you hope to get anyways?

What insurance company are you filing the claim with, homeowners or the bike? I get the minimum coverage required.

One of club members recently asked his insurance company for a rider to cover his families 4 dirt bikes they keep in the garage. They got a registered letter back canceling their homeowners policy :banghead:

KRac

2000 DRZ400S

i was parking my bike in front of my apt. for a while but i got a note, someone threatening to burn my bike down and calling me names. they were complaining about the noise. eventhough they went about it the wrong way and didn't just come to me, i started being a little quieter with my bike,being the mature one. a week later they pushed the bike over, what peices of :banghead: . now i park it in a lot. 🤣 them. the bike was totally fine but if they ever really had the balls to burn it down i don't have full coverage. better safe then sorry.

thats f#$%ing crap man.i would park it back there and wait find out who's doing this.that has happened to me before and i got the bastard.once he was confronted :busted: (caught)he went home to mommy :banghead: mind you he was hi sch kid in the same building but it never happened again.once they are known they don't come a knocking any more. if you have a friend with a harley that works too. :busted:

my friend's mom's car actually had a fat scratch and a dent in the door from where some idiot in another car hit a bike and knocked it into her van. talk about the domino effect. and guess what? the car didn't leave a note with either. i think that sucks. i remember a week after i got my license i left school and some guy parked too close behind me. to cut to the end, i forgot i had my tow hitch on and ball-peened his bumper. but i left a note and payed for it. :banghead:

when i am going straight the handlebars point slightly to the right.

Every dirt racer knows this basic trick/fix: just put the left side of your front tire against something un-moveable, and twist your bars hard to the left, until you see if they straighten up -- it usually works, as long as the bars have not actually been bent. I've done this a 100 times, so I know it works.

Sometimes even a gentle twist of the bars will straighten them. Post here if that does the trick for you.

If you twist them TOO far, just reverse the procedure until they are straight.

I bet it works, and you'll be smiling at the simple "fix".

thanks for the tip. i wish it were that simplebut the bars are actually bent though on the throttle side.

I laugh at :banghead: that complain to much... just makes me wanna be louder hahaha fkm ... Put a camera on ure bike in the parking lot.. pull the spark araestor out and have fun. When they seek revenge, the revenge is ures. Sue the a$$ with the video of his actions... save ure harassing note too as proof for the cops and ins.