Sign in to follow this  

GY200 Dual-Sport - JetMoto - Too good to be true?

I just bought my 200 jetmoto and so far so good. :bonk: I changed the oil and checked the screen and also found what looked like and felt like some china mans shirt. :thumbsup: when i took it out for its maiden trip it seemed like it was being choked out so i went to the local powersports shop and got a new air filter and took off the big bulky air box and what do ya know instant H.P. . :thumbsup: . Im new to the whole motorcycle thing but all i wanna do is learn so you cant beat the price in my opinion.but my biggest problem is the foot pegs is that they are WAY to small for my size 13 butt kickers. :bonk:

Hey, maybe I'll try that air filter trick (and enrich the jetting a bit). Is your filter now exposed to rain/water spashes? Also, I like the way the bikes are quiet, but I fear they're being stifled by the restrictive exhaust. Then comes the much-needed sprocket changeroo.

VIN Jail!....good one :bonk:

Your ground up resto project sounds sweet! :thumbsup:

It wouldn't happen to be a Honda TLR would it?

How about posting some photos?

California Vehicle code.

10752. (a) No person shall, with intent to prejudice, damage,

injure, or defraud, acquire, possess, sell, or offer for sale any

genuine or counterfeit manufacturer's serial or identification number

from or for, or purporting to be from or for, a vehicle or component

part thereof.

(:thumbsup: No person shall, with intent to prejudice, damage, injure, or

defraud, acquire, possess, sell, or offer for sale any genuine or

counterfeit serial or identification number issued by the department,

the Department of the California Highway Patrol, or the vehicle

registration and titling agency of any foreign jurisdiction which is

from or for, or purports to be from or for, a vehicle or component

part thereof.

© Every person convicted of a violation of subdivision (a) or

(:bonk: shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison, or in the

county jail for not less than 90 days nor more than one year, and by

a fine of not less than two hundred fifty dollars ($250) nor more

than five thousand dollars ($5,000).

Notice you need intent to prejudice, defraud etc. Not just intent to restore your old honda.

So when you buy a new motorcycle in a crate (that is not legal to register for street use in California), put it all together, then cut off the identification plate with VIN numbers that correspond to an "old Honda" and graft them on to the crate bike so that they look like they came from the factory, you are technically restoring the old Honda.

Hummm :thumbsup: Yea I see your point. I don't think you would have any problem at all selling that one to a law enforcement officer, judge, even a jury for that matter.

Why don't you give it a try and let us all know how it works?

BTW, if you remain real calm and think about your "happy place" when they ask if you had any intent to defraud, you should have no problem passing the lie detector test. :bonk::thumbsup:

its not gonna be rode in the rain so i dont have to worry about that part but it will keep the mud out so im good there.i went to the dmv today and got the ball rollingbut first i went and got all the inspections like the lights,brakes,and vin verification.i took it to the dmv in my home town and :eek::lol: .the i went to my truck and had a smoke and calmed down.thought to myself and decided to go to the dmv about an hour away and low and behold i might get a plate for it.this is what happened :p ....... first dmv told me that i needed some bs paper from the dealer .....so i went to the guy that i bought it from and he said he sold one to a guy that lives in los banos about an hour away and he got a plate so i tried it and it is now a kit bike :bonk::worthy::thumbsup: .....BUT...the chp field out the wrong paper so i have to take the right one back to him and i also need receipts for the bike itself as proof it is a kit bike.its a little bit of a run around but its worth it if i get a plate and i think i will becouse the lady at the LOS BANOS CALIFORNIA DMV gave me a temparory permit so i can ride it on the street :p:bonk::eek: ..... needless to say im a happy camper

as for the sprocket thing im not gonna mess with it for now im just gonna pute around town and put some easy miles on it hell i put 28 miles on it today..... any one from central cali that has one of these here china bikes if so lets do some riden maybe???????? :worthy::thumbsup:

well ................. :eek: I got the plate!!!!!! Its not concidered a jetmoto anymore its a SPCNS and the year is 0000 not a 2006. I think its funny but who cares I GOT MY PLATE :bonk::thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk: LOL

well ................. :eek: I got the plate!!!!!! Its not concidered a jetmoto anymore its a SPCNS and the year is 0000 not a 2006. I think its funny but who cares I GOT MY PLATE :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk::bonk: LOL

Amazing, I would've figured that getting a JetMoto plated in California would be a hopeless effort. JetMoto advertises it as having "Green Sticker", but mine doesn't actually have a green sticker on it.

Congrats! Be careful on the streets, now that your plated.

i was riding with my uncle today and the bike has a top speed of 62 mph but that is winding the hell out of it does anyone know of any sprockets that will interchange with them so i can get 60 without winding out so bad?

any help will be helpfull .and what is the stock teeth ? :thumbsup:

got 100 miles on it now and changed the mirrors to end bar mirrors. :thumbsup: i can see now. ill post some pictures soon i hope if anyone wants to see it.just let me know.if i caqn figure it out. some help would be cool.

scott2424,did you get a title with yours,or start with no paper work.i paid 65 bucks for the paperwork on my jet bobcat200 ,and they sent me a title signed.i just have to go put it in my name.the title says motorcycle as vehicle type instead of off highway.its got all the street stuff.i'm just worried if i register it and they cant plate it,it'll be too late to change it.

I'd ride a China bike.... I was in Macau China for two weeds loaned a scooter for 2 weeds drove fine. There is so freaking many there it's nuts. You can ride between cars ,around them anthing you like . You never get anything from car,truck or bus drivers they are so polite it's wild. That place I was at has most folks per sq mile in world . 44,000 per sq mile. Was worth the visit. Funny part at stop lites all scooter get in front of cars . Lite turn yellow before green All bikes rev. up for drag race take off. Bikes over 185cc are rare. Cash exchange - USA $1,000 = almost $8,000 thier cash Girls are sweet nothing fat there!

Hey Eric

Are you still posting. There was a comment about range. I have a chinese clone of a CB/CG 125 with the 200cc clone engine in it. Got it for the gas mileage when gas was over $3.00 a gallon. I estimate around 70+ miles per gallon. Even with the small tank on this bike it can clear 150 mi. before reserve. Anyway, what have you guys been getting for range, and what is the capacity. BTW I know how horrible the odometers are on these bikes. I used a standard route to work to compute.

This is another good thread to help those of us who are just testing the market and not sure about the dependability and capability of these Chinese/Taiwanese Dirt Bikes. I am still waiting for mine, but have gained much knowledge from this forum, and already know several good tricks to make mine a little better. Thanks to you guys for sharing all of this info.

Ohbowhntr, it looks great! My observations: It looks like the all the rear components are the same as mine. Have you rode it much yet? Depending on what front sprocket you have I think you may find you're lacking on top speed-that looks like a 50 tooth on the rear. I see some guys using a 45 or 42 in the rear, especially with a 200 or 250 cc. Same tires as mine (OE). Probably good for dual purpose but mine is "off road only" so why would they put dual purpose tires on an off road bike??? I wish I had that "luggage rack" on mine, or at least the vertical loop part of it. I find for nasty off road situations, you need something to grab back there. I've just got plastic fender to lift on. But keep us posted...spring is coming! :thumbsup:

I have enjoyed reading this thread and I have been looking at these bikes from china for a while now.

I'm wondering where to get the best price and prompt service.

I want to get one for me and one for the wife, we are both very excited but there is such a spread on pricing and bikes(features) that it is a bit frustrating :thumbsup: .

I would like 2 bikes with front/rear disc brakes, tires sized front-21/back 18(I've seen the littler bikes on the net) non-inverted front forks.

Now I've seen what I'm looking for but I'm sure others have seen them for better prices than I have seen. The best I have found is 2 for about $2800 shipped.my best find so far

slugbugg, make sure the bike is the GY-200-5 model. They have the same bike for more $$ on www.hooperimports.com . I, too have considered this exact bike, and the price is more than the others, but Lifan is one of the "top of the heap" when it comes to Chinese made bikes. Lifan also makes the model GY-200-2, with the same engine, but it looks like all the other bikes out there, while the "5" model looks a little different (better in my opinion). If shipping is included, and the company is reputable, I say go for it. You could try one of the $600 bikes on ebay, but the Lifan would probably be the better choice for the long term.

Wow! I was the founder of this thread but I have not looked at it much this winter. Now that spring is here in NC, I've dusted of the ol' JetMoto and have her up to almost 400 miles. It must still be breaking in because it continues to get smoother and better. Haven't been to DMV yet (yeah, I know... I was supposed to go last November!). I'll try to get there for sure one day in the next couple weeks. Someone asked what the best price is. Don't buy from an online shopping cart. Call them and haggle a little. Looks like there is more competition out there than there was 6 months ago when I bought mine. I saw a pic of that "Alpine" brand, and it is exactly the same as the JetMoto down to the graphics on the plastic.

Anyways, looks like there are a bunch more owners with great, positive stories. It is nice to beat back all the negativity that we had to deal with last fall. One of the jap owners posted that he was going to get a GY just to test it on a real enduro ride. I wonder how that went. Probably went fine and he was too pissed to post here because he didn't break the bike!

I'll try to check in more often. Please continue to post your ownership experiences, tips, tricks, etc.

Anyone upgrade their exhaust yet? Details!! Details!!

Eric

I'll do a bit more searching and place an order very soon.

I like the LF200GY-5 because it has the rear disc brake but NOT the inverted front forks.The head light looks cool IMO.

back in 91 we bought a new suzuki ds650s and it was a fun bike but the forks did start to leak and it was repaired under warranty but they eventually started to leak.Anyway I wanted the non inverted forks on these because if they start to leak it shouldnt leak out completely, yeah I know its a minor piddlely thing but that is it for the forks preference.

The 650 was a torque beast (I loved that bike) it was kick start only and the starting procedure was like going through a shuttle launch lol.I had it up to 95mph and it had just a little more in it.

We now pretty much just want simple affordable dual-sports and this thread and others has eased some of our concerns.

Have you guys thought down the road like 5 years or so and wondered who if anyone will be around repairing these.I see these as only getting better and better unless the government blocks the sale of them for some reason.