Sign in to follow this  

GY200 Dual-Sport - JetMoto - Too good to be true?

Someone who just joined the Jetmotogroup on Yahoo groups had just put together an off-road only 'Viva' brand bike, the Viva VX250S, with the 250cc engine. Check out the photos on Jetmotogroup. What you will find is many "manufacturers" are buying bikes from a couple of factories and putting their own name on a particular bike, and creating a "new" brand. You might never find the particular brand in the photos, but the bike will show up as something else.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/jetmotogroup/

I'm having the same problem, I went to the DMV and they would not title the bike with the paperwork the dealer gave me. They said the certificate of origin was fraudulently produced by the dealer. They also said the bike does not meet CA DOT regulations for smog.

What exactly did you have to do to register the bike?

Help

I'm having the same problem, I went to the DMV and they would not title the bike with the paperwork the dealer gave me. They said the certificate of origin was fraudulently produced by the dealer. They also said the bike does not meet CA DOT regulations for smog.

What exactly did you have to do to register the bike?

Help

Read through the posts on page 25 by scott2424 and try sending a private message to him. It seemed that he had to go to the CHP first for an inspection. It sounds like the name the DMV changed it to 'SPCNS' is perhaps a code for a kit bike in California. Are you anywhere in Central California near the Los Banos DMV? See if calling it a kit bike helps in the registration process at the DMV.

its not gonna be rode in the rain so i dont have to worry about that part but it will keep the mud out so im good there.i went to the dmv today and got the ball rollingbut first i went and got all the inspections like the lights,brakes,and vin verification.i took it to the dmv in my home town and :lol::smirk: .the i went to my truck and had a smoke and calmed down.thought to myself and decided to go to the dmv about an hour away and low and behold i might get a plate for it.this is what happened :usa: ....... first dmv told me that i needed some bs paper from the dealer .....so i went to the guy that i bought it from and he said he sold one to a guy that lives in los banos about an hour away and he got a plate so i tried it and it is now a kit bike :lol::lol::ride: .....BUT...the chp field out the wrong paper so i have to take the right one back to him and i also need receipts for the bike itself as proof it is a kit bike.its a little bit of a run around but its worth it if i get a plate and i think i will becouse the lady at the LOS BANOS CALIFORNIA DMV gave me a temparory permit so i can ride it on the street :eek::lol::banana: ..... needless to say im a happy camper

as for the sprocket thing im not gonna mess with it for now im just gonna pute around town and put some easy miles on it hell i put 28 miles on it today..... any one from central cali that has one of these here china bikes if so lets do some riden maybe???????? :eek::busted:

mliron,

(This was the post on page 25 I was referring to as far as what he had to do to register it...) Good luck and let us know your progress.

They are certainly improving the aesthetics! And the price hasn't moved up that much. I would expect they are starting to improve the functioning as well, but we'll have to wait for someone's ride report to really know.

Everybody make sure you don't miss the Black Friday sale:

pepboysflyerye2.jpg

Purchased a Jetmoto a couple of years ago for my son to practice on and learn how to ride a street legal dirt bike. If he didn't like riding, it wouldn't be any loss.

Problem#1: I was never able to title the bike in California. The emossions were not satisfactory and the documents they sent me were fraudulent.

It is still sitting in my garage and if anyone wants it for $500 bucks, come and get it here in Sacramento.

Problem#2: It has no power what so ever.

Problem#3: The endless jokes

Problem#4: It is made very cheaply and I don't feel safe riding it.

Hey guys... New to the forum. I really appreciate this thread as it's helped me learn a little more about motorcycles in general (not just the GY200).

I used to do trails with a buddy back in junior high using his XR100 (he rode his other bike, an XR250); never owned a bike myself. Those were fun times, but his bikes broke and in high school we didn't get to ride at all.

Now in college I want a little commuter bike that will save me on gas and parking at UCLA (parking is $183 per quarter for cars, $0.00 (that's right, free) for motorcycles). I was looking at these GY200s and I was a little skeptical about the price... You have to admit it's kind of ridiculous that you can get a full-size motorcycle for that much money, so of course, I was looking at all the used Hondas and Yamahas and whatnot (at least $2,500 for something that suited me). Then I saw an ad for a 2006 GY200 with 50 miles on it for $700. I'm not exactly rich, but that's hardly an investment so I figured what the heck (I'd been reading this thread for a long time before this).

This one's the GY200 just like all yours. The brand is given as Tomot on the registration card (OHV currently, CA DMV told me over the phone it should not be a problem registering it for street), and it says Jialing on the motor. I was wondering if you guys would know how I could get one of those plastic blinker covers for it, though, because as it turns out the guy snapped that off when he was unloading it from the truck first time he took it out.

Anyway, thanks for all your help with the rest of the thread... I plan on getting a smaller sprocket like everyone recommends (any specific advice on that would be appreciated, though I think I can find answers already posted here), and I'm going to use 20w-50 synthetic as Eric pointed out.

Thanks!

EDIT: They didn't have full synthetic 20w-50 at Pep Boys (maybe it doesn't exist, and that's just proof about how much I know), but I went with just straight Castrol 20w-50.

Reply to cleonard (the post below): I'm going to try and keep it away from Sunset, Wilshire, etc. for sure. I can usually travel on the back streets and avoid the main roads and it should only be a few mile commute either way on off-peak hours. I do appreciate your words of caution, though; it's a pretty intimidating place to put around on any motorcycle.

There is a whole china bike forum now. Ask bike specific questions there.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=388

Personally I think that you are nuts riding a 200cc bike on the west side. I think that you are just too vulnerable on such a small engined bike. Get an old street bike that has enough juice to blow off most all cars.

Once again. Be extremely careful, no matter what you do the drivers might still take you out.

I was in Sacramento meeting with State Parks officials. One thing that came up was the failure and injury rate from those failures. These bikes, in a lot of instances, are just not safe to ride. Stick with a Kymco if you need to have one. My friend has a Kymco scooter and it's not bad. It's easy to register and is compliant. They're not $700.00. There's a reason for that.

Ive had a yamoto and it looked like a real dirtbike it almost even felt like one except it sounded like a pheasant being choked out when it rapped out. I didnt have it long My friends and i were riding behind my house in Santa Barbara at a little spot we called heaven and hell, anyway it has a bmx procourse on it and there was a set of doubles i thought i would show off and in my head i pictured my hitting the jump at speed and i thought if i compressed into it the bike would kickup and like a bronko rodeo rider i planned on overshooting it till i knew i was safe and then grab the breaks both the front and back then wrestle the bikesw front wheel down like i have a hundred times on my cr 125 seemed easy enough so as i started to choke the pheasant i was aproaching the jump now i knew i had 2 clear the jump no matter what i i knew i wasnt non my 125 i was on a yamoto 250 kneedless 2 say i did over shoot it like i wanted 2 but the bike didnt perfortm in the air like i was use to it didnt kick up like i imagined instead it just kept sailing way out over nothing missed my landing by 6-8ft and if u have ever seen a bmx procoures u know that means your just way up in the air looking at my shadow i knew not 2 jump off it always ride it out and let the shocks take the initial blow..  Now it looked like a jap bike when my friend sold it 2 me but theres a wrorld of difference in japanese steel. when the wheels met the dirt i landed just as u would want 2 only thing was the bike snapped in too where the top of the rear shock bolts 2 the frame it broke both rims bent back one pretty bad and the second i hit bucked and shot off into a ditch and the plastics were sunbaked and when the bike hit the ground it shattered  i gave the engine 2 my little brother .. anyway i got a jetmoto and its nothing like the yamoto even the engines a bit upgraded and it says its made in southbay san fransico. it has oem forks and when i got it it was a basket case for $200 it also didnt have a back wheel or rear shock so i fanageled a KX250 wheel and shock in it i had 2 notch out the swingarm for the shock could have full travel i just need to know how much i should sale it 4 before i ride it it shouldnt break but then ive bean wrong b-4