Asphalt

Can someone tell me why Supermoto has asphalt rather than dirt in the road sections? From the little I’ve seen of it they ride it like dirt anyway, not like a road course. To me dirt would be more interesting. Maybe Harley would get into it. :banghead:

hmmmm...Wonder how the top SM guys would do on a real TT course, Like say...PEORIA. I have thrown out the challenge several times...with NO takers(except Pursley, who tried the Springfield TT this year).

Wonder if one of the top SM guys could match Schnable's efforts. Many time Peoria and Springfield winner shows up for a one time SM and finishes top 12 in the main. Tdub

because the asphalt is an advantage to road racers that know how bikes react to asphalt. the jumps and berms are for motocross guys and the flat turns, yep, flat trackers. hence supermoto

dan

I don't have TV so the only SM I've seen was the X Games a while back. On the asphalt it didn't look much like road racing. They were sliding like flat track only maybe not as much. Didn't really look like road racing experience was applicable. Didn't notice any flat dirt turns. At least none with a big radius. Maybe the idea is these tracks are made to fit relatively small stadiums?

Supermoto is what it is. It's not road racing, it's not TT or Dirt Track or Motocross—It's supermoto.

That's what makes it so great. If a guy with a motocross background wants to ride his bike like a motocrosser he can. If a road racer wants to put his knee down "Aaron Yates" he can. Or if a road racer with dirt track experiences wants to ride it like DT rider "Eric/Ben Bostrom" they can.

Supermoto is the ultimate form of motorcycle racing. A racer has to be able to adapt to the asphalt, dirt moto section, sometimes dirt track turn and excel at everything. It is by far the most evenly disciplined form of MC racing that will somewhat allow top road racers with dirt experience, motocrossers, off road riders and dirt track and speedway racers to race competitively on the same course.

Pick up a copy of 2 Laps 2 Go or Supermoto in the USA DVD or Supermoto Racer Magazine to find out more

2 Laps To Go

SMR

Can someone tell me why Supermoto has asphalt rather than dirt in the road sections? From the little I’ve seen of it they ride it like dirt anyway, not like a road course. To me dirt would be more interesting. Maybe Harley would get into it. :banghead:

See if you can follow me here- if the ASPHALT was dirt, then it would be called the DIRT section, not the ROAD section. But if you like, we could cover the asphalt with dirt, and pave the dirt section...... wait, this sounds expensive!! If we just left it the way it is (cause it's really cool) , and called it something like, um,...um, OH! Supermoto!!! Unless you wanted to change that?? LOL!! And as far as HD getting involved, the AMA has already given them thier own form of racing called flat track, which the two of them are totally ruining as we speak.

See if you can follow me here- if the ASPHALT was dirt, then it would be called the DIRT section, not the ROAD section. But if you like, we could cover the asphalt with dirt, and pave the dirt section...... wait, this sounds expensive!! If we just left it the way it is (cause it's really cool) , and called it something like, um,...um, OH! Supermoto!!! Unless you wanted to change that?? LOL!! And as far as HD getting involved, the AMA has already given them thier own form of racing called flat track, which the two of them are totally ruining as we speak.

Ha Ha you're a really witty guy. I was just looking for a little insight into how your hallowed sport developed.

Maybe I should explaing my comment about HD. You see they are big in flat track so if sm had big flat dirt turns maybe they would be interested in it. It was a joke, get it? Did you see the smilie? Sorry it went over your head. :banghead: