Sign in to follow this  

Suspension HELP

2006 CRF450

I ride at a whooped out track with a bunch of bracking bumps.

The suspension is really hard. It make me really tired. What should I do.?

REBOUND- bike does not kick me to the sides.

COMPRESION- should I make it softer

If it's stock suspension... it's going to beat you up no matter what... It does me...

Suspension work is the best money you can spend on a bike....

Todd.

Variables? Your weight, riding ability, etc? Too harsh a ride can mean too soft springs, just as much as too much compression. . . :banghead:

TFB, can you give us/me the 411 on your MB1 suspension. I need help especially w/the shock!

I only have 3 rides on my '06 so far. Vet B, 225lbs, & have a 5.7 spring on the rear. Looking to go w/.49s and 1.76 pressure sprins up front (like I did w/on my '04). I'm finding that the rebound on the shock is super fast no matter how much I slow it. The forks feel decent & I think w/the proper springs I may be able to get away w/out a revalve.

Any info will be appreciated.

I'm 6'6" Vet/B level rider, 238 w/o gear. MB1 gave me a 5.9 rear with 4.9's up front I think. They changed out the pressure springs, revalved, new oil lock collars up front, revised shock bladder, red works bladder cap, Ti spring. The Ti spring feels so much more "in control" out back. It's hard to explain. It just feels more planted through the rough chop. Overall I think this is the best suspension I have tried, bar none. I can't say what works for your stock set up, but I would try some sag settings and possibly work with your rebound. Your rear spring is probably too weak for your weight as well, so you could possibly be packing and bouncing all over the place? We'd probably need more info to make a good diagnosis, and I'm sure ShawnMC could have some good tips for you to try.