Sign in to follow this  

What breaks on a Husqvarna TE610?

A friend has just bought a Husqvarna TE610 for trail riding.

What spares should he buy and what should he replace to keep the standard bike reliable?

BF

It's just a dirt bike like any other one, so bring what you would bring for any dirtbike. It's not going to fall apart on you as you are driving down the trail.

Huskys are industrial strenght motorcycles designed for off road use and that TE-610 is designed for road use as well. tell him he the husky comes with quality stock heavy duty tubes while other bikes have only normal tubes. tell him its allwasy good to carry a fanny pak with some minimal tools but tell him only expect to use it when only when he helps his friends on older bikes. That te-610 is bullet proof. the big thing to carry for dual sporting is a small handy tire pressure gage and a small hand air pump. keep the tire pressure up around 18-20 psi for road and highway and lower it to 12-14 psi for off road,

What model (year), I had a 2000 ? Mine (and several I know) broke the frame where the rear shock mounts to the frame, it's to weak. It was repaired under warranty and I had extra gusseting done by a mate with a TIG, never had a problem after that. Engine is sweet.

valves, the heads fall off because they are made in 2piece's only after a lot of use and the big end bearings after 5 years of hard use or lots of trail riding.

just done Weston beach race on my 96 610 come 149 great fun nothing faster down the straight.