Tire Rubbing on Fender!

Gents,

Well last night I made it out to the track with the TTR and the YZ 80 front end. It worked great execept the front wheel was bottoming and rubbing the front fender. Partly because I have the tubes way up in the triple clamp. I would drop them but the brake line is not long enough.

I why can't I use the YZ80 line but not the TTR master cylinder. Any suggestions on a work around with out buying all the racket on ebay?

I had the same problem with my bike. The wheel would always hit the fender when I jump. So I put in the heaviest springs I can find which were .33 and put those in, and it helped a bit. Then I got spacers put inside the forks which stiffened them up as well. But the best way around all of that is to just get the forks revalved because there way to soft for the weight of the ttr. But if you dont want to do any of that, then your pretty much going to have to live with it. And on the brake line, there is no way around it. You'll just have to find a YZ80 master cylinder on ebay and then the line will hook up for sure. But you dont want to raise the front end that much because it will be uneven with the rear. So I would definetely go with the springs first. I got mine from racetech. Start from there.

No matter where the forks are located in the triples, or what wheel you use, the tire is going to botom out until you put different heavier springs in the forks. The stock YZ80 fork springs will not handle the wieght of the TTR. You will have to get a different master cylinder also.

Get a set a heavy springs like said from other TT members and like I said in one of your other posts. Cannon Racecraft has .38 springs for them,thats what im running,but I think now im going to opt for a set of custom wound .44's because I still bottom out on some of the big jumps. If you dont want to get a yz master, you can have a custom line made but it will probably cost you more than what you could find the master cylinder for on ebay.