Sign in to follow this  

New bars for my SM

I'd like to put new bars on my SM, can anyone recommend a good set that would set them about an inch higher and an inch further back? Thanks!

The MSR RM high-bend bars will give you the height, and because of the rake angle of the forks, you will enjoy the effect of having the bars slightly back further, too.

They are a decent alloy bar, and the price is right. You should be able to pick up a set for $20 to $30.

The MSR RM high-bend bars will give you the height, and because of the rake angle of the forks, you will enjoy the effect of having the bars slightly back further, too.

They are a decent alloy bar, and the price is right. You should be able to pick up a set for $20 to $30.

Know of any sources?

I just put the following in a different post...... hope it helps

I had the same thought so i went for a renthal fatbar the 05SM differs from the s in the fact that the forks are from an rm250 so you can relace the mounts (on the S they are an integral part of the top clamp) so i went for the matching renthal bar mounts, just make sure if you go for the renthals that the bolt that comes with the bar mounts is long enough to go through the stock triple clamp as i was sent one thatwasn't and i had to get a set of extra bolts sent to me. If you are interested instead of the RC bend they also do a street and race supermoto bends, i got the Street supermoto bend and i feel thay compliment the SM quite well, i also got the bar mounts in a 5mm ofset to bring the bars more over the forks to improve the handling and make it a bit more 'a la' supermotard.

Cheers