synth or semi

Hi Guys

Well what is he verdict for a WR 426 2002 I am using good quality Semi synth engine oil but should I be using Fully synth I do not ride hard but obviously want what is best for the motor,Your oppinions would be appreciated.

I run rotilla full synth. Good quality, range, and it's about $13 a gallon :banghead:

Same here - the SHell Rotella T is engineered for ultra high compression turbo'd diesel applications- very very heat and breakdown resistant. It is all I will run in my 20 psi 3 hp per ci turbo car as well. :banghead:

Great, another oil thread. Well then, since we're on the topic, is straight weight oil less susceptible to breakdown than multi weight oil? A post by grayracer suggests that the additives that make a multi weight oil break down very quickly in a wet clutch application. He seems to have the answers, but declines to divulge his choice (unless I missed something).

I switched from multi-weight to semi-synth because my clutch was coming out of adjustment on long slow continuous uphill climbs or boulder fields. I think its helping, but the clutch adjust still changes when worked hard.

5w40 is too thin for me!

I have to use 15w50 because it is about constant 90's here with 100% humidity all the time.

I use Motul semi synthetic 5100 bucause it costs me $50 Australian for 4 litres instead of $100 Australian for the fully synthetic.

I cannot justify the extra $50 when I have to look after 2 WR's and change the oil every 500 kms.