2006 CRF Head

I saw one parts fiche that shows the 05 X and 06 x to have the same head part number.... Strange ??? Also Exhaust valves are shown as the same part number when it is reported that the 06 has a smaller stem size.

I think some fiche have replaced the 05 part number with the 06 number. I saw the same thing.

The smaller stem size might be on the r only. Still waiting to see the r fiche.

The x vales are the same as past years.

I saw one parts fiche that shows the 05 X and 06 x to have the same head part number.... Strange ??? Also Exhaust valves are shown as the same part number when it is reported that the 06 has a smaller stem size.
I have the new CRF250X '04-'05-'06 parts fiche (part number 14KSC401M) and it shows the following:

The intake and exhaust valves are the same for '04, '05, and '06 for both 49-state and CA models.

The head for the '06 has a different part number than the '04 and '05, and the 49-state model is different than the CA model.

The parts catalog web page at Service Honda shows the same info as the fiche that I have.

I ordered, and received, a new '06 250X 49-state head. It "looks" just like my older '04 head, and the intake ports are round (not oval, like the '05 R head). So I conclude that the only 'new' aspect of the '06 X head is the valve seat material, which Honda has so announced.

I've been trying to get my hands on an '06 250R fiche or parts catalog, but so far there are none available. No dealer that I've talked to has them yet. No on-line fiche site has them yet. Service Honda does not list them yet.

So, would some enterprising '06 250R rider who will be checking his valve clearances after break-in, please slip a caliper onto the intake and exhaust valve stems and let us know what the stem diameters are? We would all be so grateful. :banghead:

PS I hope to update my CRF250X web pages sometime next week to include important part numbers for '04, '05, and '06 49-state and CA models. I'll have a new 'comparo' page showing as much info as I can gather on all 6 models. After I get the new '06 250R fiche or parts catalog, I'll update the R info as well.

Note: I was suprised to see which parts Honda updated and which they didn't for the '06 250X.

Stay tuned :banghead:

So the '06 for the X does not have different porting ...?
Using my thumb and index finger, I cannot detect any differences in port size or shape betwen the '04 and '06. I'll set up a jig to measure and do take-offs sometime next week.
or anything else (as stated in a few other posts)
What ELSE was mentioned besides porting?

Besides new valve seat material...