Sign in to follow this  

How much in trade?

Here's the deal, my wife says if I can find a new yellow YZ250F in our area I can trade my '03 WR250F on it :banghead: . How much can I expect in trade? When I trade cars I have several internet sites I go to to get info and I'm armed and ready when I go to the dealer, but here I have no idea.

My bike:

2003 WR250F, 1200 miles (I don't think the trip computer has ever been reset), One Industries graphics kit, FMF Factory 4 exhaust, ASV Levers, JD jetting kit, Factory 909 bars, everything else is original.

It seems some have said the 06's are scarce while others say they have seen them quite a bit, so I figure it's meant to be or not, I haven't looked yet :banghead:

The trade in price will typically be about 60-70% of what you could sell it for, because the dealer is going to have to try to sell it, and is entitled to cover his costs and make some money on the deal. You have to balance the convenience of being able to make the exchange at the same time you get your new bike and not having to run ads and wait for the sale to happen with getting the full price for it.

I'd say sell it and then get your 06. Don't get reemed on a trade in.

I would sell it outright if possible. However, if my wife handed down the authority to trade it on a yellow '06 I would be speeding to the dealer as soon as I located one.

Here's a tip though...negotiate the best possible price on the '06 before mentioning your trade. Then go in armed w/the KBB tade in price and try to negotiate form there. Also, get the WR as stock as possible. Sell your extras here or on EBAY.

Good Luck!

I agree with Science, I work at a dealer and can attest, tehy aren't going to give you any mroe for having all the extras on it. Do your best to get it all off then sell it elsewhere to fund the new stuff for your 06.

Also, where in IL are you located. My dealership is in Southwest Michigan and I know we have some 06's on the way and none of them are claimed anymore (I think 2 guys had deposits down and now they went green). If you're interested let me know and I'll try to contact you when they show up

I was told to strip mine of all mods if i decide to trade it in...you will lose on trade in value, but at least in TX you only pay sales tax on the difference.