Sign in to follow this  

street legal xr400

I would like to hear some opinions on what company makes the best street lights for a xr400r(2000). Its for my fathers bike he already has it street legal but, one day when he was trying to keep up with me he fell :banghead: and broke off the rear break light. The duct tape job he did to fix it is driving me bonkers, so i wanna get him a new set. Anyway he will probably remove the blinkers for, umm off road purposes so the size of them doesn't really matter. Any suggestions would be helpfull thanks.

if he already has a Baja Designs kit on it, you can purchase just the rear brake light replacement. at least that way you can connect it back into the same wires as the old one. Baja Designs makes a couple of different types (they make a 'quick disconnect' kit, so that all the expensive stuff comes off very quickly) of light kits and Electrex is supposed to be very nice, but more involved (i think you need to re-wind the stator, but it gives you more light.)

check out some catalogs, you should be able to find an Acerbis rear tail/brake light.

Thanks. I was on the track of getting a whole kit but just a rear light is a much better idea, thanks.