Sign in to follow this  

TTR225 -- Adding Riser

I have a 2004 TTR225 and want to had some height to my handlebars.

My bars are turned as far forward as they'll go.

Anyone add a riser to theirs? Have suggestions?

Is there one made for another model that would fit?

I solved this problem on my bike by switching to pro taper bars with a high rise on them and using the universal handlebar clamp kit instead of switching the triple clamp. This added over an inch up and forward. I'm switching my wifes bars as well, (TTR225) although she likes where they are so I'm using low rise bars with the universal clamps.

Crashlee, have you done the exhaust mod yet on your bike? Let us know when you do. I think you'll be impressed with the difference it makes. I did my wifes bike last week and I was really suprised.

I have Pro Taper SE ATV Mid Rise bars. They were the tallest set at the little shop I stopped at (original set was bent one too many times). Catalog has them listed at 5.9". Love 'em. They were the only part on my front end that survived my last tree "incident". Even the key sustained damage. :banghead:

I'm heading out this weekend to visit my family for a week. My hubby is staying behind with the critters and promises to beef up my little thumper while I'm gone. Even getting some new tires. I printed up the stickies. He's ordering the muffler parts. And, going to rejet as well.

I can't wait to get back home. :banghead: