Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust for 1990 XR200??

Hey guys, I'm looking to replace the exhaust for a 1990 XR200 I picked up a couple of months ago. I'm not looking to spend a fortune, somewhere around $200 - $230. Any suggestions?? I'm currently set on getting the Supertrapp, but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing out on something else. I'm looking for something specifically for the '90 XR200, as I'd prefer not to go with a universal. Any suggestions, or should I just go with the Supertrapp?? Any and all help is appreciated. :banghead:

Thanks,

Itsmeagain

hi i have a 1990 xr200 and i run a supertrapp pipe and it works great & sounds good. picked it up on ebay for 70.00 in perfect condtion

Here is another idea that saves a lot of work, provides free breathing, and is a lot quieter than a SuperTrap alone or the stock muffler with out the baffle. I have a XR200R suffering dryrot to the muffler, plus a PO had removed the baffle. The bike was way too loud so I used parts from a SuprTrap shown in the previous post to repair the muffler. The first ring is the disc adapter from the SuperTrap, it is a perfect fit to the end of the Honda muffler.

XR200RExhaustwSuperTrapp.jpg

The screw is one of two that hold the SuperTrap rod anchor inside the Honda muffler ( I cut it out of the SuperTrap).

XR200Rmodel.jpg