Sign in to follow this  

Skid Plate and Radiator Guards

I have a 2004 YZ250F and am looking for a skid plate and radiator guards. What brands do you folks suggest on getting??

What about radiator guards??

I got Unabikes arfter I dropped my bike on a log :banghead:. There's a pic in my garage

I have radiator guards from Rooster Performance. They are really strong and are powdercoated blue which looks pretty trick. http://www.roosterperformance.com/RP-product_YZ_radguard-2.htm They also sell skidplates for your bike heres the link http://www.roosterperformance.com/RP-product_YZF_skidplate-1.htm

I put both on my 04, but in retrospect it was a mistake.

The skid plate leaves one key oil fitting totally unprotected under the waterpump. I hit it one day and the oil began to drip...Luckily I caught it in time, whew.

The Rad guard is tough, no doubt, but restricts air flow and the bike will overheat sooner than without. Not an issue on the track, but long steep climbs, or low speed tech single track, its a real issue.

As far as the company, they were very nice.

I put both on my 04, but in retrospect it was a mistake.

The skid plate leaves one key oil fitting totally unprotected under the waterpump. I hit it one day and the oil began to drip...Luckily I caught it in time, whew.

The Rad guard is tough, no doubt, but restricts air flow and the bike will overheat sooner than without. Not an issue on the track, but long steep climbs, or low speed tech single track, its a real issue.

As far as the company, they were very nice.

I only have the rad braces. But don't really think it restricts that much airflow. I have used my 03 on slow tight trails and had no problems in 80 degree weather. My bike has never overheated using this radiator brace. You have to remember the 250f will overheat if no airflow is coming over the radiators. Just my 2 cents.

I have a 2004 YZ250F and am looking for a skid plate and radiator guards. What brands do you folks suggest on getting??

I have a set for sale if you want to save a couple of $$

Rooster radiator braces "gray"

and a devol skid plate. Both used but in great unbent condition.

80.00 and I'll pay the freight

Pm me your e mail and I'll shoot you some pics if interested.

Eric

i got devol's comming this week for the 05.

put a 1" branch threw my 96 wr250 one time. they wanted 385.00 for one side and 425.00 for the other. i will always run guards in the woods

utah sport cycle skid plates are the best period. absolutely indestructable.

as for rad guards, all i know is the devol guards offer little protection...i dont have any experience with the others.

You may also want to check out e-line for their carbon fiber skid plate. I have had one on my '03 for almost 3 years without one problem (i.e., no cracks). I would definitely buy their products again. As for radiator braces, I went with Works Connection. Standard stuff there, but it seems to do the job.

Here's another vote for Flatland rad guards and skid plate. The rad guards permit good air flow and are very tough. They've saved my radiators several times.

The skid plate wraps around and protects the sides very well, plus it is absolutely indestructible.

I don't have experience with any others, but have read on here a couple of times about the devol guards folding up in a crash.

Here's another vote for Flatland rad guards and skid plate. The rad guards permit good air flow and are very tough. They've saved my radiators several times.

The skid plate wraps around and protects the sides very well, plus it is absolutely indestructible.

I don't have experience with any others, but have read on here a couple of times about the devol guards folding up in a crash.

Im thinking of going with the flatland Guards. My local shop suggested them for the skid plate and rad guards. Im thinking of going with that!

So what is the difference between the Utah Sport Cycles WR250f Skidplate and YZ250f Skidplate? They have a YZ250f in the discount section for 53 bucks and the WR250f version is 75.

What gives?