Sign in to follow this  

Crushed Ti Yosh Header

Today I went riding in the woods and lightly tagged a decaying tree stump. Anyway it crushed my Ti header. Is titanium that soft when it gets hot? I did not hit it that hard. Any recourse I am going to send it off to Yoshimura ASAP. I have only had the complete system for about to months and have installed the JD jetting. Which is great by the way. I would assume that i will have to pay for the repair or replace. Has any one dealt with them after the sale. Or find someone local who welds Ti. Good thing I kept the stock pipe. This was an exhaust for a CRF 450R but I made fit on my X. By cuuting the radiator down tube and a trip to the auto parts store for a special bend heater hose to clear the header.

Thanks,

Ed

Yes Ti is much softer than SS especially when hot. Thats why our wonderful valves wear out so quick and most are replacing with SS. I have a White Bro SS head pipe and it has recieved 2 little dents lately,, I would guess if it had been Ti they would be 2 smashes. I'd try the pipe repair place, Yoshi will not waranty it, if anything they will just charge you twice as much to repair it as the pipe shop. But they probably don't repair and will just try to sell you a replacement.