Sign in to follow this  

Do You Holler When You're...GOING DOWN?

I went down twice last weekend. Both times I remember being very vocal when it started going wrong (involuntary cussing), I think cause I was pissed that I f'd up so bad. Then...screaming like a whiney little sissy right before hitting solid ground (although I will never admit to this).

Is yelling just part of the falling down? Im thinking a helmet cam without sound may be a good idea.

Hey,

From my experience it is probably best you do, about 10 years or so ago I hit a big jump, at least I thought it was big on my Rm80, and cant really remember what went wrong as I was knocked out on landing but I did hold my breath without screaming (being a tough man), ended up poping a broncial tube, ya know one of those ones that go to your lungs. Doctors said it was because there was all this air in my lungs and it had nowhere to go. So theres my life story lol, just my insight.

Hey,

From my experience it is probably best you do, about 10 years or so ago I hit a big jump, at least I thought it was big on my Rm80, and cant really remember what went wrong as I was knocked out on landing but I did hold my breath without screaming (being a tough man), ended up poping a broncial tube, ya know one of those ones that go to your lungs. Doctors said it was because there was all this air in my lungs and it had nowhere to go. So theres my life story lol, just my insight.

lmao!!

I thought, when i saw the title of this thread, i was in the wrong forum :banghead:

anyway, i talk to myself (including yelling and cussing) while I ride - not like anyone can hear me, right? lol

i thought this was going to be a thread on sexual maneuvers...look at the title again :banghead:

edited* hey Reyndogg we think alike...like 13 yo's

I thought, when i saw the title of this thread, i was in the wrong forum :banghead:

So much for my "YEEEEE-HAAAAA" :banghead:

anyway, i talk to myself (including yelling and cussing) while I ride - not like anyone can hear me, right? lol

I do the same thing and don't be so sure no one can hear you, i have screwed up and actually said something and when i got off the track a buddy said he heard me.

I tend to make some sort of "oh sh*t" noise that ends in a thump as I bounce off the ground or something. The last time was when my rear wheel broke on the landing of a big downhill tabletop, it rebounded me sideways to the ground then the whole way down the hill. It had to be one of the scariest crashes I have ever been in. And somehow I only ended up with a small bruise on my leg. :banghead::banghead:

edited* hey Reyndogg we think alike...like 13 yo's

hahah man, i cant help it! I blame it all on the Army :banghead:

I do the same thing and don't be so sure no one can hear you, i have screwed up and actually said something and when i got off the track a buddy said he heard me.

haha im sure someone's heard some interesting things come out of my mouth....probably not always good, either.

From Dirt Rider (i think)

"TIP THREE: TALK TO YOURSELF

You'd be surprised to find out how many AMA National riders talk to themselves during a race. It is an effective racing tool. Try it. Talk out loud! Tell yourself to turn the throttle wide open, yell for more brakes, demand a tighter inside line and don't worry about sounding crazy-no one can hear you.

Thinking good thoughts is nice, but transferring those subconscious ideas to the conscious level (known as verbalization) is the best form of positive reinforcement around."

When I was younger I heard myself whimper a couple of times right before a crash. :banghead: Now I think I just grit my teeth, and grunt a lot.

Let's see, I have three.

1. The throaty UHHHHHHH when it happens so fast and I didn't expect to go down.

2. The Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh sssshhhhiiitttttttttttttttt! When you can see it coming.

3. Then there's the DAMN! followed by a hefty loud laugh when I thought I was going to eat it but saved it.

I'm afraid that if I crash I'll scratch my bike so I go nice and slow... :banghead:

Actually, I just started riding track and haven't pushed hard enough yet. Yet...

I'll bump this thread after I bust my ass really good. :banghead:

i will admit i have screamed a coupple times before hitting the ground but i save alot of the cussing for when i fall and cant get the bike to fire up.

No, I don't think I've ever made a sound going down. There's always plenty of swearing when getting up though.

i usually go sh*t sh*t sh*t and then if i save it SH*T! or it goes from sh*t sh*t sh*t to &%$#@! &%$#@! &%$#@! &%$#@!! then i'm on the ground. I haven't race, but this is i am with everything. even driving a car (new at that too).

ha i have a helmet cam and every time i get swirlly or think im goin down or do go down i yell. i catch my self talking to myself too

I love talking to myself. It keeps me company on long rides and long races..

I remember once when I jumped a ramp and was about 20 ft above the landing and still going out... I dont remember if I said anything but remember thinking " did I do to deserve this?"

I dont talk when I crash but my bike does. Sounds like YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW.. BAP...BAP... DEE DEE DAW BAP..... THUD... Sometimes it will sit on the ground and idle for a few minutes....

When I crash I don't say anything, I just hold my breath and hope for the best. I also think about a million different things at once, and most of the thoughts aren't good and should probably not be said out loud. But if I save myself from going down I will talk to myself, I will say something like "Whoa that was close, but I had that on lock, I was nowhere near going down"-which isn't true (about 99.9% of the time) I will say that to keep my confidence level up :applause: