Sign in to follow this  

Do You Holler When You're...GOING DOWN?

Let's see, I have three.

1. The throaty UHHHHHHH when it happens so fast and I didn't expect to go down.

2. The Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh sssshhhhiiitttttttttttttttt! When you can see it coming.

3. Then there's the DAMN! followed by a hefty loud laugh when I thought I was going to eat it but saved it.

Yep, done all 3.

Originally Posted by MXOldtimer

Let's see, I have three.

1. The throaty UHHHHHHH when it happens so fast and I didn't expect to go down.

2. The Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh sssshhhhiiitttttttttttttttt! When you can see it coming.

3. Then there's the DAMN! followed by a hefty loud laugh when I thought I was going to eat it but saved it.

Yep, done all 3.

I'm definitely in this category! :applause: or :p, or :ride: .

I talk and yell all the way around the track and when i know i am on my way to kiss the dirt i say :applause::ride::p:p:lol::p:p then i feel a little better when i get up.

yea I'll say something when I'm going down...usually just an "oh shit" that isnt very loud. Occassionally I'll put on a show after I'm down. Did it once at pine ridge when I tangled with a guy fighting for 1st place. I was a lil pissed at the time... :applause:

i don't say any thing untill i'm on the ground!!! i normal say shit!

but one time i under shot a jump and went over the bars and i told myself damn this is going to hurt! that was a scary feeling!

yeah i talk to myself a bit to when im riding at 50-85%. talk, hum, sing sometimes to. 90% and higher im just focused unless i screw up then i swear at myslef in my head and make sure i dont do it again.

i never yell anything when i'm in the air because my brain is on overload trying to figure everything out. I do remember many times thinking, "this is gonna hurt" and thats the only part i don't like about motocross, the feeling you get when you know your about to eat it bad. once on the ground and after i get air back in my lungs, then i swear and look for my bike to get going again.

i talk to myself a lot on the track. i try to encourage myself to ride better and by hearing the same thing over and over again i learn new techniques. and YES do i yell if i know i screwed up and i'm ganna hit the ground. usually a few profanities here and there. it helps relieve frustration for me.

don't know about you guys but i find i don't usaully remember going down, some times i remember the thud sound as hit the deck but than i get up and start laughting or if i am in pain i would smirk/smile :thumbsup: and than i would think to to my self now let that be a lesson to you!!! :thumbsup:

one time i was following a yz175*** and i wasnt wearing any kneepads, the yz spun the tires and a rock the size of my kneecap hit my kneecap, i shouted "F__K" :confused: super loud in a neighborhood with kids and gmamas and gpapas :thumbsup: , lol, i got really scared that someone heard me say it(since i was only 13 at the time) :thumbsup::bonk::bonk:

i will no longer follow any dirtbike without kneepads***

Once. MXJunky was in third gear on a '99 KX250, hammerin' this section of small whoops, and the throttle stuck. MXJunky launched the following berm, cased it on a fence, and endoed, doing a complete flip in the air prior to landing on his back. While MXJunky was skidding along the ground on his back (for about 15 feet), he was screaming like a little bitch. That was the scariest crash MXJunky has been involved in.

If I know it is going to be a bad crash, I will say a few choice words.

no, i dont think i yell. but i always, for sure, have that OH SHIT!!!! moment. where your in the middle of the fall, and cant do anything!!!!

I was just talking to my buddy about this the other day! I found myself almost "going down" a couple times and each time I made wierd grunting noises or yelled something lol...caught me kinda off guard. But now I'm going to start hollaring good things like "get your butt off the seat!" hehe..

I usually don't say much of anything when I go down. Nowdays, I don't really ever crash jumping, its usually from pushing too hard in a corner and not having the traction, or hopping the berm with my front tire. I usally utter "oh Shit" or something like that when casing a big jump

First of all there is a constant conversation going on in my helmet. I ride better that way. Especially when I yell at myself to "get on the f'n throttle!!!" or "get off the f'n brakes and turn!" When I am really nervous or displaced, I don't talk to myself and then I ride poorly.....

As far as when I crash, I think I say something to the effect of "uh-oh" when I see it coming. Otherwise I know I make grunting noises just to let the air out. I get up, make sure I didn't fill my shorts with anything. Pick up the bike (usually laughing - even with injury - because I did something REALLY stupid to get me on the ground in the first place) and move on. The only time I cuss when I crash is when someone else takes me out. And I am usually mad at myself for not avoiding the crash. Ususally...there have been times that was not the case.:thumbsup: