Sign in to follow this  

2004 vs 2005 WR250f

Hi guys and gals, I used the search function but didn't find a question quite like mine. I just sold my XR250, and am ready to move "up" to a more powerful, better handling bike. My friend has an '05 WR, and I've ridden it a few times and liked what it offers. By the way, I also rode and loved the CRF250x, but the valve issue is keeping me away from that bike.

However, I am on a limited budget. I'll definitely have to buy used. From what I've seen thus far, '04's are going for about $3500 to $4000, and I've seen '05's for $4500 to $5000 plus.

If I have to spend $4500, I can and will. But I'd feel much more financially comfy paying for the '04 version.

The question: is there THAT much of a difference between the two? From what I gather, the ergonomics and the handling of the '05 are considerably better. I'd appreciate any feedback from folks who have experience with both years. I'm riding trails exclusively. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kevin

There is a BIG difference beween those two model years. Most of it has to do with seat height and center of gravity. In this case, I would go with the 05.