Sign in to follow this  

New improved TTR90 tripple clamp.

Well the kid has finially bent the hell outta his top tripple clamp. I have gotten tired of trying to straighten it out. I can get a new one for like $25 from Yamaha. But he is going to just bend it again so whats the point.

So I started looking at it and decided to build my own. I took it to work, got a few measurements off it and drew it up in Autocad Inventer. I then sweet talked one of our vendors to laser cut it out of 1/4" steel plate. I was going to use aluminum but he cant laser cut that so I settled on steel. At least he isn't going to bend it anymore. His bars on the other hand.........

So here it the part fresh off the laser. I cut the # plate bracket off the old clamp and am going to weld it to the new clamp. Im not gonna worry about the front brake guide. I dont think I need it. But if I do Ill just cut it off the old clamp and weld it on the new one.

Total cost.....$0.00 :banghead:

MVC-008F.jpg

man how awesome is that!! does it fit? cause the whole dimenstions look a little off from the picture but im sure its just the angle

Fits perfect. Trial fitted it tonight. Just gotta do a little paintin and it will be ready to go. I took a little design liberty and squared the edges off instead of dishing them in like the stocker.

Ill snap a picture tomorrow when I get it all mounted back up.

I have a spare. They made me 2 of them...Who wants it? Just needs the # plate bracket welded on. Cut your origional bracket off and weld it on or bend up your own. Just gota pay for shipping.

Good job. :banghead:

What the heck is AutoCAD "Invent"?? We use AutoCAD for 2D design and Pro/E for 3D work but I've never heard of "Invent".

Good job. :banghead:

What the heck is AutoCAD "Invent"?? We use AutoCAD for 2D design and Pro/E for 3D work but I've never heard of "Invent".

Inventor is an autodesk product. Its a 3-d parametric design software very similar to Pro-E. One of the engineers here is taking Pro-E classes at coledge. He says that Inventor is much easier to use than Pro-E and it does much the same thing.

If you have ever used Autocad Mechanical Desktop, Inventor is the next reincarnation of that. Mechanical Desktop is no longer being upgraded so we made the switch to Inventor.

Who wants it? Just needs the # plate bracket welded on. Cut your origional bracket off and weld it on or bend up your own. Just gota pay for shipping.

If no one claimed it yet I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands...

Do you want paypal or cash and how much do you think to ship to 34471?

Im guessing $5 to ship it. Tell ya what. Let me get it installed on the bike and try it out so I know I aint sendin ya a bum part. gimme a day or so to get it all together 1st.

Inventor is an autodesk product. Its a 3-d parametric design software very similar to Pro-E. One of the engineers here is taking Pro-E classes at coledge. He says that Inventor is much easier to use than Pro-E and it does much the same thing.

If you have ever used Autocad Mechanical Desktop, Inventor is the next reincarnation of that. Mechanical Desktop is no longer being upgraded so we made the switch to Inventor.

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation. What you heard is correct. Pro/E has a huge learning curve. I've been using it for awhile and I still get stumped from time to time.

well here is the finished product.

clampside.jpg

clamptop.jpg

It seems to work great. Maybe its just me but the front end seems a little stiffer with that in place. It clears the tank just fine.

Tell ya all what. If there is interest in this I can see how much my vendor wants to make a few of them. Or I can get you all the prints and you can check localy to get it made.

Oh and yea the bike is filthy. It hasn't been washed since the last race weekend. Im a slacker I know.

That looks really good there...

I think my kid bent either his handlebars or that in his first crash a few weeks ago... It isn't bad but with that on there I won't have to worry about it.

Let me know if I can still get it from you. :banghead: