Sign in to follow this  

first impressions 450 mxc

I finally got my 2004 450 mxc yesterday and got to take her for a spin in the evening after work and all I can say is WOW! I am coming off a DRZ 400s that had been modified pretty much. Man, the KTM just makes riding sooo much more fun, I can't believe the difference from throttle response to suspension, which I haven't even dialed in yet. Also the weight,totally incredible. I felt like I was riding a mountain bike with a motor, lol. I felt right at home on the KTM from the get go. I just can't believe how much more fun the KTM is. This 450 seems like the ultimate desert bike. I couldn't believe I still had one more gear (6) while flying down the trail. I also love the bigger tank. I'm so stoked, can't wait for the weekend to go riding, supposed to be in the 70's here. What a sweet bike, just don't know what took me so long to try one.......pelts

I rode mine for about an hour in nothing but deep sand and whoops. I am coming of of an 03 200SX so I was really expecting the 450 to feel like a pig, but as long as i was riding i never noticed much of a difference other than the power delivery, I am pretty happy, need to dial in the suspension some more and then hit somke tight woods to see how things work there ......