Sign in to follow this  

TM 125 spooge from PV vent hose

I'm new to 2t's, so this may be normal. I have a low hour 2001 TM 125EN that drips some oily residue out of the powervalve vent tube. Everything runs well, it's just a little messy. Is this normal, or what needs to be fixed? :banghead:

No worries, the vent is doing it's job and draining the pv chamber. Oddly, my TM125 never dripped, buit my Husky 125 does.

Thanks TM_Enduro. I assume by your name you have some experience with these bikes. Any tips?

I've only ridden this bike once, and it flat out rips. It has a very narrow powerband, and it's all on top. Very fun, for sure!

Does it have an n1ec stock needle still? From what I hear from TM owners the stock needles are terrible, as well the timing can be easily adjusted to run very well on 92 94ctane no problem. My bro owns a 300 and other close contacts with 125/250/300's say the power valve spoog is norm, no worries. Talk to JD the jetting guy about your present carb/jets as these things can run like a raped ape when properly set up :banghead:

look very frequently the sprk plug becouse the 01 my have rerious problem of electrical.

The engine is difficoult, bottom...nothing, only in mid range and high rpm.

Zac

Thanks for the replies. The bike is running the stock jetting with the N1EC needle. I'll contact JD about the jetting on it. Do you have any more details on adjusting the timing? I ran one tank of super unleaded (91 octane) mixed 40:1 with synthetic Motorex oil. It seemed to run great, with no pre detonation issues, but I understand it should have gas with a higher octane rating.

The plug looked great, the jetting seemd to be very close to spot on as well. The only electrical problem so far is the intermittent lights. Sometimes they do not want to come on, but when they do come on they seem to stay on.

I talked to a the TM guys and retarding the timing especially on the some of the bigger bore bikes improved the overall power delivery. There should be 2 6mm allens holding the stator plate which to retard you would move the same direction as your crank rotation, try 1mm at a time and be sure to punch a mark where your factory setting is for a reference point. Amsoil dominator at 45:1 has been working well or Klotz @ 40:1. The stock needle was changed out in all of the local TM bikes as it was a bit rich at lower to mid rpm at sea level. Jetting is advise i don't usually like to recommend on a two stroke as there are so many variables involved and I have seen a lot of seized motors from people messing with jets. As far as the electrical the TM that had the problem over here was the wiring harness plugs were loose. Also in very wet conditions I have seen lots of water getting in the stator cover area on some. The '02 300's were bad. It's a good Idea to pull it off and check it out.