Sign in to follow this  

how to get more low end power?

i was wondering if there is anyway on how to get some more low end power? :banghead:🤣:busted::busted::banghead:

On a what?

has it been modded for more power already, or is it bone stock?

What type of riding/situation is calling for more low end?

D

well, ive already done the sprocket, but i meed more low end for when riding the track, cause i have an older kx80 and its powerband is in the mid rpms, so when riding the track in the really muddy situation when i cant go through a corner, it bogs

Definitely fan the clutch. Two strokes need to be ridden a little differently than a four stroke. 80cc two stroke mx'ers make a lot of power for their size, but it's mostly top end. They require more clutch use.

"Fanning the clutch" means that when it starts to bog, pull in the clutch just a little bit until it starts to slip. Stay on the gas to get the rpms up into the powerband. Then let the clutch out and stay on the gas, and the bog is gone.

well, ive already done the sprocket, but i meed more low end for when riding the track, cause i have an older kx80 and its powerband is in the mid rpms, so when riding the track in the really muddy situation when i cant go through a corner, it bogs

down shift

Try the pink powerbands......They have more snap!

oh really!! damn...and i've been using grey ones!! thanks for the heads up man! see TT has everything:thumbsup:

ok, i was looking at flywheel weights, and i saw a variety of weight, so if i bought one which amount of weight would i want to get, also, what will the weight do?

ok, i was looking at flywheel weights, and i saw a variety of weight, so if i bought one which amount of weight would i want to get, also, what will the weight do?

No need to mod, downshift or fan the clutch and you're good.