Sign in to follow this  

El Mirage Maps/Suggestions

I should've started this one earlier in the week, but I'm headed to El Mirage tomorrow and want to make the most of the day. Anyone know where I can get a trail map of the area for free online? I know I saw a building out there the one time I went, but didn't check it out. Do they have trail maps there? :banghead:

I've never seen a map there, but you don't really need one. The main riding areas are to the N and NE of the lakebed. Eventually you'll hit fencelines and that's the "theoretical" end of the OHV area. The mountains to the NE are fun and there's some challenging hillclimbs if you look for them. I used to always like the more technical mountain to the W, but I think that's closed off now.

Thanks, I like the usage of the term "theoretical". :banghead: I guess we'll just explore everything we can.

:banghead::banghead: Ride safe and have fun. It's not that big of an area, but there's still a lot to explore if you haven't ridden there a lot. After going a few times, it kind of gets claustraphobic, but it still good sometimes. STill my wife and youngest son's fav spot. I like areas where I can cover more ground, but El Mirage is still a good spot.

Cheers, Bill