Sign in to follow this  

CRF250R kickstand

Does anyone have a aftermarket kickstand that mounts on to the left footpeg, and how do you like it?

Are you sure you want one?

I've always referred to kickstands as "suicide sticks", especially on a "race bike".

Not having a stand can be a pain in the butt if you can't dig a hole with the rear tire or there's nothing around to lean your bike on. I ride with my daughter sometimes and if she get's stuck or wipes out or something having a stand is a huge convienence!

If there is a good aftermarket stand I'd like to get one as well. Heck, I can always take it off if I'm racing... I agree that they can be dangerous but if I'm with my kids I usually am not riding like a mad man and having quick access to getting off the bike and lending a helping hand to my kid's is important on the trails.

So far that is my one and only complaint I have for my '06...

Does anyone know if a spark arrestor will be available for the dual exhaust? Some of the races I do require that I have one....errr two.. lol

wheelz

Awesome! Thank you HR... I'm getting one for sure!

wheelz :banghead::banghead:

I have the Trail Tech too. Be sure to make a loop to hold the stand in case the spring breaks. I used 2 large o-rings and mounted a bracket off the sidepanel bolt and it works great. I had one break and luckily my buddy was behind me to let me know. If you come off a jump with it down it won't be a pleasant landing.

the trail tech one looks decent...I think i might get it. My dad is always complaining about not having a stand around. It's light enough and looks like it's tucked away pretty good.

Its completely out of the way when up.

I wear size 13 SIDIs and never hit the stand when riding.

The total unit, mount, stand etc..........its solid as a rock and doesnt bend etc.

Cant say I have stood on the pegs, stand down and kicked the bike, cause.......I have never used the kickstarter!

:banghead:

But my daughter has stand down, stood on my x.........and no issues........

I have had the stand down, sitting on the bike getting ready to take off.......and tipped did something stupid, tipped over and had the full weight of my phat azzz on it and the bike.........didnt budge.........

so its super strong unit, and Trail Tech stands behind their stuff 100%...

HR

:banghead:

🤣

i have a trail tech on my 250r and i dont see how i could have ridden in the desert without it! it is the best thing ever! plus it folds up high and out of the way so you never even know its there. i say, if you ride offroad (desert, trails, dunes) a kickstand is a must. i love mine, and it couldnt work better.

I wanted to mention MSR just recently came out with a Billet Aluminum frame mount similiar to the Trailtech and PMB.

It utilizes the oem stock frame holes like the 2 others mentioned

Price is quite a bit cheaper to boot.

You can check it out here at http://www.msrhp.com/ (click on Machine top left after page loads and then its like 3rd down on choices in drop down).

Also you can order it directly from the Thumper Talk Store.

All you do is click on the link and login and order.

At like $80.96 its a super alternative.

MSR Aluminum Frame Mount Kickstand for CRF250R or X or 450X 04-05 Click her to order from the TT Store

Remember the Thumper Talk Store wants your business and has a Price Guarantee to keep it!

110lowprice.jpg

That is the TrailTech stand.