Sign in to follow this  

A Couple of Newbie Questions

I searched the posts, and couldn't find answers to a couple of questions. I hope you guys can help:

1) Is it a problem to remove the seat strap? Between the two rear seat bolts, and the underseat connecting "hooks", the seat seems securely mounted. The strap just slows down seat removal, and I think the bike looks better without it.

2) Does anyone have the spec's on the carb float bowl screws (bolts)? I'm going to do the 3X3, re-jet and extended fuel screw modifications, and it sounds like everyone recommends putting new allen head bolts on at the same time. I'd like to pick those up before I start the work. I assume most of you go with stainless allen head bolts?

Thanks in advance!

I can't help with the screws as I used them over (after coating them liberally with never-sieze) and have had them out a couple of times since for jetting changes-no probs. As for the seat strap: that is usually the first thing to go. It doesn't hold anything and just gets in the way when you slide around off road.

the screws were around 4x6mm if i can remember right. Its not to big of a pain to take them to your local hardware store before putting it all back together (just to be sure)

gl

Strap removal is ridickirously easy

2) Does anyone have the spec's on the carb float bowl screws (bolts)? I assume most of you go with stainless allen head bolts?

Thanks in advance!

M4 x .7

You need 3 of them 10mm long & 1 12mm long