Sign in to follow this  

FMF Power Core 4

Black I was wondering if anybody has or knows a good bit about this pipe. Ide like to know

1 if it increases performance

2 If it looks good

3 and the noise level

It looks like a good deal for the money but i would like to see what you guys think :banghead:

BTW this is going to be put on an 04 CRF 80 :banghead:

It will increase performace a little bit. You will have to re-jet. Straight pipes don't help a whole lot on little four strokes. You want to look for a pipe that has a step in the header. Also, with the xr80 there's not a whole lot you can do without throwing a a wheel barrel full of cash at it.

ok thx i dont think i need it for trails anyway. ill just get a uni and thats it thx for the answer man

i got a fmf power core 4. i thought it was a good deal. it made my gears way longer. sounds way better to. gives u some more torque. also i didnt have to rejet and it ran good

If you want it to run optimal then you have to re-jet. If you increase air flow, then you need to richen it up. Unless, it was rich before you put the pipe on. The problem with jetting is, being able to tell when it not jetted perfect. You have to have an ear for it. And believe me very very few people do. It's like be able to tune a guitar without a electric tuner. Some people can do it and some can't. Me? I can't. I've been listen to these motors for years and the only way I can tell, is if it's runs crappy and sputtering or something, which is the way most people can tell. So I think my bike is running fine, then I'll go to Dave Miller's shop, he'll start it and give me a weird look and in about two minutes after he works on it, it will run much crisper with way better throttle response. He can listen to a car, a street bike going by at 70mph, or any bike at a track and tell you where it's running bad. I hear brrrruuuummmmmmm and I think that sounds fine, but he hears br r r u uu ummmmgg g. Then he'll say, "on man, it's way lean on the bottom and too rich up top" I'm thinking, "How does he hear that?" All I'm saying is, a lot of the time, you'll think it's fine, but it won't optimal. I only know a few people who can do it to a tee. By the way, i can't tune a guitar without a electric tuner. Maybe, that's it??

i got a fmf power core 4. i thought it was a good deal. it made my gears way longer. sounds way better to. gives u some more torque. also i didnt have to rejet and it ran good

Put one on my pitbike. Same results as him. :banghead:

yep socal knows what hes talkin about, I have an fmf powercore 4 pipe didn't like it very much it sounds better but louder so neighbors get madder and call cops didn't add much power til I got a uni filter and rejetted it then I had enough power to regear it for a higher top speed then you can have fun on a 100 on those long straitaways

Got a FMF on my 87 xr80.. runs like a champ, gears are nice and long, picked up power all across the power band, DID rejet it but only when I added a filter.. Not as loud as my 100 with a BIG GUN...