Sign in to follow this  

Yosh TEC insert

My yosh came with the TEC-SB spark arrester. I belive its the quiet/small insert. Is anyone running their yosh without any spark arrester? I just want to see how much louder it is without it.

Yea man. It sounds like a freaking helicopter at idle. A really cool sounding helicopter.

OK, another newbie question...How do I know if my pipe came with a tec insert or not? What does it look like? Curious if I should be buying one to quiet down my pipe when needed.

thanks...

I thought that the spark arrestor and tec insert for noise were two different things. If not, how do i know if i have the small insert or large insert? My bike sounds quieter than i expected with the Yosh pipe on it.

I just put a Yosh on my bike a few weeks back. I took the TEC insert out and it is much louder, and gave me more power. On the top of your can there is a sticker that says something about USFS and the type of insert. I think the SB is the smaller insert. Take it out!

There have been two types of inserts. The old type which was circular and only a spark arrestor. Now there is a tube like TEC insert that is a spark arrestor also. I'll try to find pics.

If it's the TEC-SB then it is the tubular kind. My pipe says it had the TEC-SB and it was like a tube with a screen wrapped around it.

I pulled mine just for the noise factor, I like quiet bikes and will put it back eventually but for now this thing sings my favortie tune.

the tec inserts i got with my yosh ti system i bought a year & a half ago are like the ones in the second pic (the mushroom looking ones) but i also have one that is the spark arrestor screen with no stepped down tube

So it there a way to get rid of the quiet insert and keep the spark arrester on? Or are they one piece?

So who sells these inserts? Only dealers can buy from the yosh site...right? :applause:

TT store dude. Just ask for the TEC insert for the Yosh RS-3.