Sign in to follow this  

Rmz450 Mcct?

I hear some people say that the 06 RMZ 450 has a MCCT, but then other people claim it has and auto. Which person is telling the truth. I will be getting mine soon and I want to know. Can sameone make up their mind. like

you set the motor at tdc. release the locknut and the release the locking allen head bolt and the spring automatically adjust the tension. then you retighten the allen head bolt and the locking nut to proper specs. so in a sense it is half self adjusting and half manual adjusting. imo it is and excellent system. here is the sticky post at the top of the page. very useful. same on 06 models.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257223

The new ltr450 quad has an auto one- it may be able to be retrofitted on the rmz for those that dont want to mess with it.

you would think they would have realized this for the RMZ....

Thanks for the info Joer6. That system sounds pretty good. Can't wait till I get mine. :banghead:

you would think they would have realized this for the RMZ....

there is not a thing wrong with the way suzuki does their cam chain set up on this bike. in fact the rmz 450 is not the only bike that suzuki uses this set up in.

there is not a thing wrong with the way suzuki does their cam chain set up on this bike. in fact the rmz 450 is not the only bike that suzuki uses this set up in.

I agree, its easy to adjust, plus you already set yourself up to check your valves which should be done at a minimum of every 10hrs of ride time, that's how I do it anyway.

I love the manual CCT!!!!!! very reliable , only if the owner does not get lazy. They better keep it, a lot of owners with the ACCT (CRF'S) are switching to manual. That tells you something right there. I have more confidence in the manual over the auto anyday.