Sign in to follow this  

FMX650 Honda

The Honda FMX650 appears to be an updated street legal XR650. It looks like it will be a good general purpose motard bike with stock 17 in rims.

I see it as a great bike for the masses and decent for the SM track but a little heavy to be competitive. It will be interesting to see what a good dose of aftermarket parts and engine tuning can do to make it better.

Strange that Honda has decided not to bring it to the US market. Maybe they will change their minds to compete with the DRZ400-SM.

They sell an XR400 supermoto in Japan. Honda will wait to see if its going to be worth bringing here before they do. Meaning they are using Suzuki as a market test.

Doubt it will be decent for the track, it is 300 plus pounds and based on the 650L rather than 650R. TWO did a comparo on it and it made about the same HP as the DRZ400 but pullled for about 2,ooo fewer RPM. They did think it was fun.

I have the impression that it has a Hornet 600 frame and emission updated NX650 engine. Made in Spain.

Keep hoping that Honda is working on the same bike with the 650R motor for intro to the states. I have limited options for replacing my KTM 640SuperMoto when I return!

yamaha also has a motard over in europe called an xt660x. i really hope they bring in over here along with the MT-03! but ill just settle for my SM :banghead:

The only manufacturer that is serious about offering high performance street legal supermotos is Husky.

The only manufacturer that is serious about offering high performance street legal supermotos is Husky.

So VOR, TM, Husaberg and KTM are just kiddin around ???

Most of these competition oriented SM bikes are not technically street legal outta the box but for some reason I see many of them with license plates.

Where there's a brain there's a way. Your mileage may vary.

Keep hoping that Honda is working on the same bike with the 650R motor for intro to the states. I have limited options for replacing my KTM 640SuperMoto when I return!

Just curious, but why isnt shipping it home when you return a option?