Sign in to follow this  

what is the difference in the 03 and 05

cr250r! i know it's a 2 stroke ?? in a 4 stroke forum, but i ride a 426 and visit here often. are there alot of changes. i haven't followed 2 strokes in awhile but have a chance to get an 03 for a good price. just wondering how dated it is to the 05. thanks

If your looking for details between '03 and '05 CR 2-Strokes.... Not a lot of difference in suspension and frame, but major mods to make the engine have a lot more usable power in the '05...

If your hunting for differences between '03 and '05 CRF450's - Major changes in frame and suspension providing better handling and steering, and better lower end power. Plus they took about 5 pounds off between the '03 and '05.

There is hardly any difference. They have done alittle work to the engine but 02-05 CR250R is basicly the same bike. I own an 02, my buddy has an 05. My 02 with Vforce3 intake and FMF SST pipe kit is faster all around than his 05. So what little they did do is not much.

From 02-up, the CR250 has a horrible engine, while the rest of the bike is great. Don't get me wrong, its very fast, but it runs like a 125: no bottom end power, huge hit in the midrange, then revs out pretty far. Every other 250 out there is way easier to ride. They are fun for a couple laps though, and feel lighter an dturn better than 450s by a long way.