Sign in to follow this  

How is everybody likeing their 06 kxf250's

I was just wondering what the general consensus is for people that have this bike.Are you loving every minute of it?The bike looks SICK!!

The bike rips you can start it with your hand no bs i did it twice for $***s and giggles..Great bike..

Honestly it has been the best bike I've ever been on.

The suspsension is great,handling is better than any RM I've ever riden and there is more power everywhere over my modded 04.

On the down side......and I hate to even post this for fear of this thread turning dark.......the valves did come tight from the factory. They where all under the utmost min tolerance allowable using imperial units.

Other than the lack of lube in the suspension/head steering and the occassional loose bolt that holds on the plastic ( common on every new bike I've ever owned) the bike is absoultely jamazing.

I'll be keeping this one alright.

I ride woods exclusively and it's a great forest bike.

Cheers

Great bike! My only complaint was the front end push I kept experiencing at first. I raised the forks a couple mm's in the clamps and let out two clicks of compression and WHAM, this thing carves corners from any angle. Just take some time and go through the bearings(steering, linkage, etc. ) because there is little or no oil in there :banghead: . Power is on par with my WMR modified '04. :banghead:

YOu have to ride it to believe it! I have been racinf 450's for the last 3 years. I have ridden some friends 250F's know and again over the years and though fun was not interested in all the wotk it took to ride them.

I decided to get both the 250F and the 450F for 06 so I had an indoor bike....so I go to break in the 250F at my usual outdoor practice track and was BLOWN AWAY! I go 218 before gear, and this thing rips. Pulled off the bottom fantastic and I never did hit the rev limiter down the long straight.

Before ever riding it I put the stiffere Kawi spring on the rear. It carved any line I wanted and the only issue I had was the Bridgestone tires on my track are not the best, but not awful.

Let my 450 only buddy ride it (OT and Vet) he came back and said it was the only 250F he felt he could race and own.

Love it! :banghead:

Im still trying to figure out the front end of mine. it always wants to do the headshake thing. ive messed around with every thing and it still does it. i got my suspension revalved and it helped a little bit, but not enough. im starting to get really frustrated with it and on the track my confidence is low because of it.

Also the bar mounts always move. if i barely lay it down, even softly the mounts will twist a little and move the bar like as if they were bent. it really pisses me off because i got to go wrench on it every time i fall. so if i lay it over in a race, its a DNF. so yeah besides that the bike is awsome, but i am having some problems.

The steering on mine has been lousy. I fixed the push a couple weeks ago but still had a problem with it not laying into corners well. I am happy to say that I now have that fixed too. My steering head bearings came from factory too tight. I loosened them up so that the front end flops from side to side and the things carves now. Finally, I like the handling better than my '04 & '05.

I also broke in my RPM 276cc Ice Cube today at Perris. Awesome! Lots of unintentional wheelies...

Im still trying to figure out the front end of mine. it always wants to do the headshake thing. ive messed around with every thing and it still does it. i got my suspension revalved and it helped a little bit, but not enough. im starting to get really frustrated with it and on the track my confidence is low because of it.

Also the bar mounts always move. if i barely lay it down, even softly the mounts will twist a little and move the bar like as if they were bent. it really pisses me off because i got to go wrench on it every time i fall. so if i lay it over in a race, its a DNF. so yeah besides that the bike is awsome, but i am having some problems.

What will traditionally cause this is to soft of compression and rebound. If you feel the compression settings are good (no going through the stroke to fast), then you need to slow the rebound way down.

the rebound is what will give you that nervous front end.

oh yeah, on the bar mount thing. You can get away from the rubber mounts if you want, but I found what cured my 05CRF of this was one of those Devol top mounts that goes from one clamp to the other. Really kept the clamps from twisting in the mounts.

The steering on mine has been lousy. I fixed the push a couple weeks ago but still had a problem with it not laying into corners well. I am happy to say that I now have that fixed too. My steering head bearings came from factory too tight. I loosened them up so that the front end flops from side to side and the things carves now. Finally, I like the handling better than my '04 & '05.

I also broke in my RPM 276cc Ice Cube today at Perris. Awesome! Lots of unintentional wheelies...

So RPMS 05 kit will fit onto the 06?

Thanks! :banghead:

the compression is good. i use the whole stroke forsure. if anything its the rebound, but its really soft already. ive got a deal with MB1 so monday morning im goin down there and hopfully we'll figure this out if it has anything to do with the forks or whatever.

and about the mounts, ive seen those kind like the PC ones right? but yeah those will probably help. but also ive never had problems with stock clamps before and its just messed up how ive got to deal with this bullshit.

Yes... I had them set mine up with tighter clearances than what they normally sell. The Wiseco piston is about 10% heavier than the stocker so it may not rev the same but for a heavier rider like me (200 lbs) it works great.

love my bike only problem it is really high (and I am only 5'6). Is there any companys that make a lower seat?

clain286- just do what i did to my crf250, pull off your seat cover, mark out what you want to cut off the top with a sharpe pen, get out the steak knife (electric even better) hack off an inch or so and use belt sander with fine grit sand paper to smooth it out, trim your seat cover and re-staple. mine looked like a factory seat when done, i'll try to post some pics. You can also have your subframe cut down 4mm, thats what the pros do

I had the timing cover bolt fall out of my bike at the track tonight. Thank God I was coming off the track and still had some oil in the case as I did not make a full lap. Otherwise I have had no issues at all with the bike. Handles great and the suspension is awesome. I dropped the front 4 mm and she carves like a knife. Love the engine and powerband. This bike rips.

I had the same bolt come out during a race and oil was all over my bike and boot. i didnt realize till after the moto either...then i checked the oil and it was full. and i didnt even know you had to check those.