Sign in to follow this  

This Forum needs to be RENAMED!!

Dear Thumpette!! :banghead: :banghead:

Maybe we could have a sub forum with that title, I dunno. It seems that most of the "bike related" threads have just about become an anomaly.

The moderator of this forum should be relocating the off topic (not cycle related) threads to the Town Square forum.

Ride on

Brewster

Yep, if I wanted to read the society pages I would by STAR magazine or People for that matter.

Anyway, on of the many reasons why I don't spend very much time here anymore. Besides that I have a ton of work to do!!

I'll admit to getting drawn in to some of them. And there has been SOME good discussion. But things need to slow down some.

I dont mind the questions, but I do mind that they are in the females forum, I look in here to ask mainly about riding techniques, if the male riders are nice to you, and if you have found a chest protector to fit me yet...

Its disrespectful I think to choose to only ask the girls these questions, although I understand why they ask us, and not the guys in TS, they dont want bad info, although, I think there are more guys checking in here for these DRAMA questions, then females... Just me .02

btw.... punkrock dude just said female's that ride are gay

I'll admit to getting drawn in to some of them. And there has been SOME good discussion. But things need to slow down some.

Keep talking...I'm listening! :banghead: I've been away on assignment for few weeks, and haven't had free access to my email or TT, so I missed some of the last couple of days. Sorry!

Remember, though, the admins did not start this as a 'women only' forum, or, even, a 'women dirt bike related only' forum.

Welcome to the new Thumpette Forum!

This is the place for the women of our sport to hang out, talk, and meet other women that ride.

Please enjoy your stay in the new forum, but before you do here are a couple things to remember:

1) This is NOT a pick up joint.

2) Treat the women of our sport with respect. They've earned and deserve it.

If everyone keeps these 2 simple rules in mind, this should be a great forum for everyone.

There are really only TWO 'rules' the admins listed. Its not a 'closed' or even a 'limited' forum, subject-wise. And it clearly is a forum for 'everyone'. But, you are correct in that the INTENT of the forum is 'for women of our sport to hang out, talk, and meet other women that ride'. With those two rules and that intent in mind, typically I'll yank threads/posts and issue warnings if it seem disrespectful.... more slowly if it seems the thread in question seems at ALL dirt bike related, quicker if its both disrespectful AND un-dirt bike related.

Anyway, after reading some of the recent posts, I am leaning towards 'tightening up', as far as the 'respect' part goes, perhaps... saying 'all women go for jerks' is borderline, and I can see ending that one, for example. But posts that legitimately ask for advice, I just can't see anything wrong with that... and, typically, the thumpettes ANSWER!! And often!

And really, how many times can we talk about the Acerbis Lady Fusion chest protector? :banghead:

Thoughts?

More importantly... WHERE? :banghead::banghead:

NO KIDDING ... point us the right direction and it's time to flay some 15-year-old. 🤣:busted:

ya, in the ts, under

track ho's

I asked him what was up, and havent looked back to see if it was a typo yet.

btw, the lady fusion does not work for us all :banghead::banghead:

it was the worst fit for me.. stuck straight out!!!!

ya, in the ts, under

track ho's

I asked him what was up, and havent looked back to see if it was a typo yet.

btw, the lady fusion does not work for us all :banghead:🤣

it was the worst fit for me.. stuck straight out!!!!

The LF worked for me....:lol:but did not for my friend.

I answer some of these/those threads too.....my post was meant to be funny.

I guess I failed. :busted: It's been a BAD day.

I also forgot to add another laughing smiley at the end of my post. I think I opened up a HUGE can of worms. :banghead:

lol no problem :busted:

I get so mad because I have tried on I think every chest protector there is and NON Of them work... :busted:

I am afraid one of these days I am going to get very hurt because of the lack of one...

Plus on a more personal note.... I know no one can really see you when you ride... but since I ride in the woods... mine bounce around EVERYWHERE and I think a C.P. would help that :banghead::banghead:🤣

AHG, you might try getting the chest protector that fit the best, and modify it. The plastic panels can be bent and reshaped. Just get a cheap heat gun {blow dryer on steroids}, carefully heat the areas and bend them to shape, hold the position until the plastic cools. Oven mitts are handy.....

Use as little heat as possible, and make small adjustments. Dont make all the bends for an adjustment in one spot, spread them out over an area. You could practice on a piece of 1/8 acrylic sheet before trying the chest protector.

See, a post by a male, without the drama and silliness..........

btw.... punkrock dude just said female's that ride are gay

I'm betting my little Anna could break his arm, and look VERY feminine doing it. She kicks butt in the woods....and in a bathing suit, too. :banghead:

lol no problem 🤣

Plus on a more personal note.... I know no one can really see you when you ride... but since I ride in the woods... mine bounce around EVERYWHERE and I think a C.P. would help that :busted::banghead::banghead:

Ever tried a sports bra? Or did you mean your chest protector bounced around everywhere?