Sign in to follow this  

Which Yosh for SM

I have an 05 SM.

Want to get the yosh stainless exhaust. TT's cat lists 1 for the S and 1 for the E. I have searched and it seems that both will fit, perhaps with a little rubber mallet action. My question is which fits better or easier and is there any difference in power between the 2 models?

THX

Sean

Interesting. My Ti TRS clears with room to spare I believe.

Lots of guys are running the RS3 with SM wheels with no issue.....?

man,yosh is captian excuses lately.they were telling people the water pumps were different on the sm's causing clearance issues.

i think yosh forgets people have been doing sm conversions on S models long before suzuki jumped on board.

I put a Yosh on my '05 SM. I can verify that the rear tire rubs the can but only when subjected to cattle guard crossings or severe bumps. Not a major issue as the can may be spaced out a bit, but the side cover fit is slightly affected.

My only complaint about the can and mid-pipe kit is the freaking bolts on the rear of the can rusted after one week and about 100 miles. This is inexcusable for a high end exhaust. Yosh has yet to respond.

i had problems with my can as well.just kinda yanked on it to make the tire clear and rebent the thick aluminum tab on the inside so it didn't stick out.

Is there a better system that I should consider? One that is shaped different to clear the back tire?

Yes the TRS Full Titanium (Tri Oval). That will clear fine. But has the highest pricetag. But makes the most power. So....

Thanks Nate. How loud is your TRS? Have you done any sound testing? Am I going to be hasseled on the road?

I don't need to do any testing to tell you it is one of the loudest exhausts for the DRZ.

I used to use a Big Gun and everyone will tell you its a very loud exhaust..... The TRS is just as loud or louder. Of course mine has the spark arrestor pulled also so its even louder yet.... The RS3 setups are definitely quieter even fully uncorked.

This is for an SM right? If so I wouldn't worry about it as the harley guys with straight pipes are still louder. :banghead:

You can get a TEC from yosh for it to quiet it down. The newest generation TEC is quieter and makes more power.