Sign in to follow this  

New 05 TE250

Just bought a new 05 TE250 from Motoxotica. I'm going riding this weekend. My buying experience from Motoxotica was excellent. Dan put on some hand guards for me, and I'm ordering some radiator guards from Rooster Performance. Is there anything else you guys would reccomend.

I saw your bike with those cycra yellow handguards with the triple clamp mounts and the black plastic side bar pieces. very nice. Congrats.

Just things that you would get for any bike.

Extra Air Filters. Moose and Uni have aftermarket filters. Clean the air filter often. Make sure that you have a good seal each time. I would run the carb Intake breather hoses into the air box or at least trim them at an angle right at the swing arm.

Extra oil filters KN154 or HF154. Change the oil after breakin. Check all screens and clean.

I always like to carry extra Maxxis tube or MSR Heavy duty tubes. First time I get a flat or change a tire I change them to the heavy duty tube.

If the 05 comes with the Mich Enduro tires, I would replace the rear with S12 or Pirelli when you get a chance. I like both the M12 for the front or the Pirelli for the rear.

Also, your lucky, Dan has lots of OEM Husky parts on hand.

but ... for the most part all you will need to do is brush your teeth cause your goin be grinnin alot!

The little things a mountain goat!

www.twinair.com has the real deal air filters too. Put a real skid pan on it. Rooster has a good one. That is about all you need on the bike . Now go have fun.