Sign in to follow this  

FCR MX may be easier to install then the old ones.

Just kidding....It sucks. BUT - I think this may be the fcr to swap into the S requiring the least OEM parts in addition to the carb itself. It came off a 2005 YZF450 Quad. I think that due to the way my particular DRZ frame is welded up that I can get this carb to mount up (upright) w/o grinding the carb or the frame. I did have to remove the throttle cover. The only OEM parts I needed were the intake boot, the airbox boot and the 1 clamp at the carb end of the intake boot which is larger on the fcr.

The original S cables will work fine - I can even use both of them w/a little work on the carb.

Thanks to the advice of a fellow TT'er that was right on the money I got this far before discovering that my FCR may be defective although it's obviously shiny brand new. The slide doesn't spring back - anyone have any thoughts? It's a complete carb , nothing appears to be missing and I can manually move the slide w/the throttle wheel but it doesnt spring back.

mine springs back..i got it here in front of my laptop the rest of the parts should be here tomorrow i hope

Any thoughts of this carb? Are you happy with it? I got one and I'll be tuning it at a dyno this week...

Yes - i did. It's in the carb itself - I'm gonna pop the top cover off and have look.