Sign in to follow this  

Elk Basin Tomorrow.

Any of you southern Montana or Northern Wyoming riders that are interested, we are riding Elk Basin tomorrow around 1 pm. Should be a blast. Come if you like. We are three fat guys and one normal sized guy all on WR's and driving a gray F350. See ya there.

The riding was just awesome today. Weather was perfect 50 degrees and sunny. Not much dust and not another rider(or person for that matter) spotted all day(outside of the 4 of us.). What a blast. :banghead:

Where abouts in the state is this area? I grew up in Western MT and lived in Billings for a while. We are taking a 2 week vacation to southern MT next summer with the trailer and bikes.

Is this in the Absoroka (spelling?) mountains? Either way, this sounds like the exact kind of place I am hoping to hit... Any info appreciated.

It sits in very southern Montana. You leave Billings to the south, thru Bridger, then towards Belfry(Cody Wyo). You turn just two miles before Belfry and go about 15-20 minutes back on a gravel county road. It is really just out in the sage hills, not very scenic, but the riding is really fun. It is a great place to go just to ride. There are some decent hill climbs/decents and lots of technical riding thru/around rock ledges and the sort. There is also some open fast riding. A little of everything. If you plan to go in the summer, go early in the day, as there are no trees or shade and it gets hotter than hell down there. If you plan to go, let me know, I can give more detailed directions and a map.