air filter question GRRRR

I have spent a long time looking around for an answer to this but no luck.

I just took out my air box and replaced with a uni filter. It looks pretty sweet and i'm stooked to try it.

Just wondering though, there was a tub that plugged into the side of the air box (which it then runs into a small box and then into the ignition case area. now that i have a foam air filter on i don't have anywhere to plug this tube and i dont know what it does. Is it the "crankcase vent" and i i should buy an external filter for it like this http://www.xr50.com/xr50/ap8mmcrvefi1.html ? If so, is it possible to run without a filter or will dirt be sucked in or gas and junk leak out or what?

Im amazingly confused here and want to start this bike up. Thanks for your help!

OH AND IS THIS THING A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE AS WELL? Or is it a rip off.

"Keihin Carb Choke Plug" http://minibikeoutlet.com/parts/Intake%20&%20Carburetors/285.html

just buy a little filter and stick it on the end of that hose. Its re-routed through the carb in case some comes out in a crash itll go back in the motor. You can get rid of that box as well.

heres a pic of mine...dont mind my nephew, hes just showing that the rock can fit in a twobrothers muffler :banghead:

you can kind of see the small filter just clamped to that hose

000_0097.jpg

the filter is the round black thing below the fuel selector. You may have to rejet with the pod filter. Also the choke block off is good if you race but then if you race you prolly dont have the stock carb on it anyway. It does help a little in allowing a little more air to flow but it may be harder to start b/c u will have no choke. You can also remove your choke and fill in the holes with a silicone.

installed the UNI pod on mine. did not have to re-jet , but it is idles a little rough until it is warm. , but once its warm, i notice a big difference in throttle response.

also just installed a small filter on the end of the hose in question and re-routed it up under the seat