Sign in to follow this  

S. Cal. OHV Commission meeting

Ok, who went to the meeting today, Oct 21st ? This was your chance to speak up about how YOUR Green Sticker money is being spent. But today is Friday......SO WHAT? You'd take a day off work to go riding wouldn't you?

Unless there are enough complaints, the final decision meeting, Nov. 18 and 19, will be near Sacramento for both North and South California. If I were in S. Cal, I'd complain that it is a hardship to make it to the meeting.

For the N. Cal riders, the Nov. meeting will be in Folsom (bigbobs neighborhood). I hope to see some of you there.

Keep informed and active

Brewster

Hey Brew, I took the day off to go to court to fight my red sticker ticket. Who can we complain to about the meeting? Seems unfair to expect interested parties to drive from all over the state just to be heard. Is there some way to participate in the process via mail or online? I would love to voice my opinion on the constant misappropriation of OHV funds by the legislature. Since the inception of the green sticker program (1971) millions have been paid into it by off-roaders. To date, no new riding areas have been added in SoCal in over 20 years, and the ones we do have are either too isolated or overrun. Too much of the OHV fund is being spent on enforcement, not procurement. If we had more space to ride there would be less need for enforcement.

RADRick;

OHMVR Commission

PO Box 942896 - Sacramento, CA 94296-0001

Tel: (916) 324-5801

Fax: (916) 324-0271

E-Mail: ohvinfo@parks.ca.gov

URL: http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov

The percentage amounts that are distributed are set in the California Public Resouces Code. That is where we need to concentrate some efforts for change. A member of our state legislature could propose a change.

Part of the problem with opening up a new OHV park is finding a large enough space and going through all of the beuracracy. Much of the public has the "Not in my area" attitude.

If we could keep the small percentage of OHVers out of restricted areas, and following the laws, we wouldn't need to spend so much on law enforcement.

Also, remember that the OHV community is made up of more than just us two wheelers. Quads, sand buggies, 4x4's, snow mobiles, and rock crawlers are also part of the group.

In preperation of the Nov. meeting, so far I've read through 45 of the 92 grant requests. I will be making comments at the meeting on a few of them, both for and against supporting the funding requests. You have some groups in S. Cal. that should be at the Nov. meeting. Provide them with some researched opinions of the S. Cal. grant requests. ORBA, CORVA, AMA d37, BRC, should all have representation there. You can request a CD from the OHV dept. that has ALL of the grant requests on it.

Keep informed and active

Ride on

Brewster

CERA