Sign in to follow this  

Just changed tires

I just changed the tires on my S from the deathwings to some Karoos. Went for a brief ride down the road, it's 12 am here, everything feels good. No bumping, shaking or stuff. I didn't even pop a tube. Since it was my first time changing tires, I'll pride myself on that. I snugged up all the spokes, and filled the tires up to about 25psi. Should I have the rear tire ballanced? Also I dont have rimlocks. But I dont go off road a whole lot, like 80/20 road dirt. Do I need locks? adv. please. Thanks.

You really only need rim locks when you lower the air pressure below about 20 psi. So if you run 25 and above I'd say no rim locks needed.

2400 miles (mostly offroad), at 14psi with no rimlocks.

Currently knocking on wood,

Dan

DJ, what tires do you run at 14 psi? I put the Metzeler Karoos on my S. I haven't had a chance to take tem in the dirt yet, but maby tomorrow. I don't ride too hard, but in East Tennessee, there are quite a few roots, rocks and stuff to get by. As far as breaking, I only break hard when granny pulls smack out in front of me!!!! Old folks in big cars should be aginst the law.

four sets of full intermediate terrrain knobbies, 40-50% off road, 16-18 psi in hard pack dirt, loam, woods, grass, gravel. Geared down and running far more powerful than stock putting lots of torque to the rim. No rim locks, no tire slippage on rim.