Sign in to follow this  

49-state parts

I just read the new FAQ section (thanks to the author of that!) and see the 49-state DRZ400E's have different cams and carbs than the Calif. model. If any of you non-Californinans have built your motors up and have left over 49-state cams (in excellent cond.) I'd be interested in buying a set.

And does anyone know if the ignition box is different on the 49-state motors?

Randy

DRZ 400E

BSA 441

Yamaha TT500

If you look at your CDI a 49 state E model should have MGT028 on it. So check your CDI and report back what it is. The CA specific E models showed up in model year 04

Its a sad reality...... When I bought my "leftover" 03 KLX400R (the real deal DRZ400E) from a dealership for $4300 out the door....... I saw a guy picking up an 04 DRZ400E (CA specific model) for MSRP + Taxes + fees.

Ouch. That hurt to see. :banghead:

My bike is red sticker but I take it everywhere anyways with no sticker. :banghead:

My black box does have the number MGT028 on it. The bike is a 2000 model. So does mean the cams will be the same as the 49-state bikes?

My black box does have the number MGT028 on it. The bike is a 2000 model. So does mean the cams will be the same as the 49-state bikes?

yes they changed the ca model in 2003 in order to get a green sticker.